Logi Nu
Desdinova

Logitech Desktop Microphone 600

I just went out and bought a brand new Logitech Desktop Microphone 600, get back home to plug it in, and try to record something to test it out, but there was a small problem. 

More like, a huge problem. The volume is utter crap. I went into the control panel and turned the volume up to 100 and it was still far too quiet even with my speakers maxed. Turned the boost to 30db and it's a LITTLE better, but the quality tanks.

I'd really like to get some help in this matter, so I don't go on thinking I have a complete waste of money sitting on my desk, like I am right now...

Logi Nu
Desdinova

Re: Logitech Desktop Microphone 600

Hellooo?

Logi Nu
Desdinova

Come on now, I'm about to snap this **bleep**in mic in half... I disabled the driver, reenabled it, even went into my bios and toyed around with sound settings and nothing's working. At least now it's not giving me the annoying loud feedback constantly that I COULD NOT TURN OFF.

After this fiasco I doubt I'll ever buy another logitech product again... looking at other threads, it takes you guys up to 5 or so days to reply to a forum thread? That's just ridiculous. Get better customer support.

Someone just help me fix this thing so I can get on with life until I can afford a headset. Please.

Logi Master
NeatNit

First of all calm down. This is a FORUM, not a chat room. It may take some time until someone responds. And secondly, Logitech has great support, but this forum is for users to support users, and Logitech employees don't have to come by and help. If you want help by Logitech employees, go contact them.

I don't see the microphone on Logitech's self-support pages, and that seems to include just about all Logitech products ever :smileytongue: so.... I don't know. You might just have a bad unit.

[ Edited ]

I just bought this mic as well and thought my computer was completely blind to it. Went into Control Panel > Sound > Recording and the only mic showing was the one built in to my laptop. When I right-clicked on it, though, I saw an option to "Show Disabled Devices" which was unchecked. When I checked that option, the new mic showed up--so my laptop had disabled the external mic as soon as I plugged it in!

So you might check that - right-click in the box with the recording device list (whether anything's listed or not) and make sure "Show Disabled Devices" is checked. The desktop 600 mic seems to be working now that I was able to find & select it as default.

Since you have sound recording apparently through it yours may be a different issue, though, maybe just a lemon.

Logi Nu
Desdinova

It's not disabled, I can hear through it, it's just extremely quiet.

And apparently it changed some setting on my computer or something, I don't know, but now even my old mic has the annoying feedback on it. If I plug in any mic at all it sounds like there's a hurricane going through my room, but it still barely picks up my voice.

Logi Nu
lilacs

I just bought this microphone also.  It is not working at all.  Yes, I've read through this forum and I've tried all the little hints and tricks and helps to no avail.  

This microphone will be going back to the store (which by the way had put them all on clearance as they were not a seller) and then I will order a new microphone online.