spidertaker23

Logitech G35 - New Logitech Gaming Software

I have a the following:

Logitech illuminated keyboard

Logitech G35

old Logitech quickcam

Logitech Harmony xbox 360 remote

Logitech touch mouse server

I tried to install the Logitech gaming software over my logitech g35 software and it did uninstall it and install LGS.  But, when I plugged in my g35 .... it says it can't detect anything.

So ... I tried uninstalling all my Logitech software and deleting all the logitech reg keys (suggested in forums).  Rebooted and tried installing LGS again. Still nothing.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong ... for now I guess it's back to the g35 software ...

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Meltech

Re: Logitech G35 - New Logitech Gaming Software

Hello spidertaker23,

I would suggest installing the software in Clean Boot. To ensure nothing is interfering with the install. Also have you tried plugging the headset into a different USB port?

Kind Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
kbake77

This is not just you having this problem with the new software working with the G35 headset.  I had the same issue and contacted Logitech support (they told me to just install the old software).  I can't believe the poster above, if they are support, is not aware of this problem yet.  There is something wrong with the new software, guys!

What I did - uninstall the G35 in your device manager then plug it back in.  It will re-install the proper drivers and then the LGS will recognize it.

Logi Rook
spidertaker23

I will have to give that a try tonight kbake77. 

So you are saying that I need to install LGS and then go to device manager and uninstall the drivers from device manager and then plug my G35 in again. 

Then it should recognize in LGS?

Just out of curiosity ... is there any benefit to loading LGS if I don't have any other products that support LGS?

I have a Razer Mouse and Logitech illuminated keyboard ...also a old quickcam pro 4000.

Logi Browser
kbake77

Yes, so if you want to use the Logitech Gaming Software for both your keyboard and headset, install the LGS first.  It recognizes the keyboard but not the headset (that is if you're using one of the compatible Logitech gaming keyboards).  Go to device manager and find the G35 headest, right click on it and click uninstall.  Then unplug and re-plug the USB for the headset and Windows will re-install the drivers.  It should then show up in the Logitech Gaming Software.

The new software has some nice features that the old software didn't, but you could just use the old software if you want.  It still works fine.  But then you'd have to use the old keyboard software as well if you have a LGS-compatible keyboard. 

Hope that all makes sense.

Logi Nu
SaltyToe

I ran into the exact issue, once I realized there were no real benefits to this s/w (morph sounded worse and the mic didn't;t sound the same either) I whacked it and removed the package. But since then I cannot get my G35 s/w to run the same, it seems to have carried over the flawed morphing and weak mic. As if it somehow altered the headset itself. After many tries rooting out all areas for the LGS i.e. Registry, user directory, and prog files, all Logitech s/w. Fresh reboot and installed the G35 default s/w that came with headset. No go, still stuck in this nightmare.

The default G35 Headset settings have visible changes in the gui as well. For example in the morphing section all the avatars are lit red as if their all on and the pitch pulldown is completely gone, mia. Dang it man, what happened? Any suggestions to recover would be greatly appreciated.

Logi Nu
ChunKee

Can't access these links, any chance they can be put back up?