09-15-2011 10:11 AM
New software for the G930 was available since Aug 19, 2011.
Logitech Gaming Software (Current)
- Software Version: 8.01.120
- Post Date: 08/19/2011
09-15-2011 12:24 PM
I have the same issue, the software does not load and i get and popup telling me to unplug and re-plug the usb cable.. when i do that the problem just contiue.
Here is what i have tried.
* Uninstalled all sound software from the computer, uninstall all usb mappings, clean registry from everything that belongs to Logitech, Unplug the G930 usb.
* Bios update
* Chipset update
* Intall realtech sound drivers for my Mobo "Realtek_Audio_V5106235_WinXp_V6016235_VistaWin7"
* Install the latest drivers from Logitech suport page "g930_100364b_x64"
* Pluging in the usb for G930
Still i get the error, unplug and re-plug the usb cable?
There is some serious confict going on. The strange thing is that all this did happen when i just started up the computer for yesterday. No new updates and so on. Just did crash.
What could be wrong?
Here is my spec.
* Win7 pro x64 (Swedish) V. 6.1.7601.sp1 build 7601
* Intel Core i7-2600K 3,4GHz / 8MB
* G.Skill Ripjaws Gaming - DDR3 16000 Mhz - 2x4GB
* ASUS P8P67 PRO B3 - ATX / Intel P67 / DDR3 / 3xPCI-E / SATA 3.0 / USB 3.0 / Firewire
* Corsair 120GB Force 3 Series SATA III 2.5" (SSD) NEW Version
* Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 1GB OC (2xSLI)
Thanks in advance, Seaser
10-10-2011 08:38 PM
The only problem I have is that with wire or without I hear some sound on my left ear only. I have mice which is wireless aswell, but its like 1meter away from g930 reciver. I am wondering why its only on left ear if its problem with wireless, or other devices, and I have latest software downloaded. How can I fix this please help me.