Logi New
Ebure

Logitech USB Desktop Microphone and low gain windows 7

I get annoyingly low gain from my microphone in my windows 7. You pages do not provide drivers for the device and by default there is no microphone gain boost available. What can I do or is it up to you? It's really annoyng to shout to microphone. Can you make the gain boost available?

MichaelKenward
Topics: 16
Solutions: 241

Re: Logitech USB Desktop Microphone and low gain windows 7

Which USB microphone?

This could be an issue with Windows.

Then there is the influence of the hardware – motherboard or sound card. Is there any software with that?

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi New
Ebure

Logi Nu
trekracer

Same problem here.

Even when I speak into the mic from 3 inches away, people tell me I sound "far away."

Please assist.

Logitech 980186-0403 USB desktop microphone

Windows 7 32-bit

Logi Nu
RapidPunch

Same problems. I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

I set the microphone levels to 100 and have too stick my mouth right next too the microphone for it too hear me.

Tried different USB slots, reinstalling, restarting the computer, also tried it on a different machine which had windows 7 64bit installed. There's so many people saying this microphone doesn't work for windows 7, then you have people saying the opposite. Really regret not listening to the warnings in the reviews.

Logi Nu
RapidPunch

I just installed Windows XP SP3 32bit on a separate hard-drive and tested the microphone on it, but it still has the same terribly low gains. 

Logi New
Ebure

I got mail from microsoft that my microphone doesn't nesecarily support mic boost. I can see that by myself. Then the mail said that reader wasn't sure about what microphone i was using.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam-communications/microphones/devices/221

Heres the link to the product. I have posted this earlier so it would be great if the line was read. I also noted that it would be great if mic boost was implemented. I got no answer for that. There is clearly others who would like this option. Dear Microsoft, could you please implement mic boost?

Logi Browser
Moromillas

Having the exact same problem. You have to put your mouth right up to the mic to do anything, hunching over the mic really isn't ideal. Why there is no driver support is beyond me.

Logi Nu
doubleUTF

I have to agree with most of the people here, users need to be able to adjust the gain levels since not everyone will be talking 2 inches from the microphone. I don't want to have to hunch over everytime to speak something. If Logitech doesn't respond with some sort of driver support to allow changing the gains, I will have no choice but to return this mic.

Sny
Logi Nu
Sny

Having exact same problem here, and have a solution.  I recently ordered 2 of these while in the process of a new computer build.  Once connected to my new computer, I tried a slew of various settings and could only get it moderately operational when using Ventrillo or Skype due to their software preamps.  I normally don't tear into things under warrenty, however I figured there was a simple solution inside, and there was.  Whoever is assembling these, is soldering the microphone elements in reverse.  These mics have a preamplified mic element that needs a small voltage (of correct polarity) to actually preamplify.  With it reversed, the element has no initial preamplification.  I took out my trusty soldering iron and reversed the connections, and it came to life.  I removed my 2nd microphone from the box and connected it to my computer .... same thing.  So 2 mics in a row with the same problem.

Note:  When viewing the circuit board from the component side with the switch at the bottom, the mic connection labeled "M1" will be on the left side.  The M1 left solder pad should be the center conductor of the mic, and the right pad will be the shield.  Hope this helps.  GL.