Logi Nu
cgmpowers

Logitech Wireless Headset for the iPad/iPhone

[ Edited ]

I purchased the Logitech Wireless Headset for the iPad/iPhone, I believe you're calling it version 981 but am not 100% sure that's a model number or not.

It says it works with any bluetooth device, and it does flawlessly seem to work with both my iPhone4 and my iPad version 1 device.  However, I'd also like to use it for my MacPro (now its an older model, so this maybe the cause of the problem).

It can pair with my MacPro with little to no problems, it shows I can use the output for either "Logitech Wireless Headset" or "Logitech Wireless Headset " stereo (the stereo's only option allowing me to adjust per left/right ear...I guess sound quality is improved too but I'm not an audiophile so I don't care about the "quality" for music.

Periodically I've noticed that sometimes, when initiating various applications on the Mac, I get an erorr & the bluetooth is disconnected.  I've also noticed that in some applications, like ChatRoulette which uses Flash to pair the audio/mic to whatever devices I want) that even if I select to use the Logitech Wireless Headset  for the microphone--it doesn't always work.  In fact, when I use the Logitech Wireless Headset  for FaceTime, the other person says they can barely hear me and I'm choppy.  I've also noticed that the audio is "sometimes' choppy as well, not just the microphone...and then that error pops up.

Here's my question, is my bluetooth chip in my MacPro just too old to support this device properly??  Or would this problems happen on a newer Mac computer?  I.E. the newer models, which I believe would have better bluetooth...

My MacPro system preferences say  

Apple Bluetooth Software Version:  2.5.0f17

Hardware Settings:

Address:  00-19-e3-ee-30-21

Manufacturer:  Cambridge Silicon Radio

Name:  MacPro

Firmware Version:  1965

Bluetooth Power:  On

Discoverable:  Yes

Vendor ID:  0x5ac

Product ID:  0x8206

HCI Version:  3 (0x3)

HCI Revision:  1965 (0x7ad)

LMP Version:  3 (0x3)

LMP Subversion:  1965 (0x7ad)

Device Type (Major):  Computer

Device Type (Complete):  Mac Desktop

Composite Class Of Device:  3801348 (0x3a0104)

Device Class (Major):  1 (0x1)

Device Class (Minor):  1 (0x1)

Service Class:  464 (0x1d0)

Peer to Peer Supported:  No

and for the headset, the system preferences say this...

Logitech Wireless Headset:

Address:  00-0d-44-a5-89-34

Type:  Headset

Services:  Hands-Free unit, Headset

Paired:  Yes

Favorite:  Yes

Connected:  Yes

Manufacturer:  Cambridge Silicon Radio (0x4, 0x14fa)

EDR Supported:  Yes

eSCO Supported:  Yes

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
j_briggs

Re: Logitech Wireless Headset for the iPad/iPhone

Hi cgmpowers,

As the Wireless headset for iPad/iPhone is not designed to work on a Mac pc this could in itself be causing the problems the device is designed to work with the iPad/iPhone so any number of problems or anomolies could come up using it with your Mac. 

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
KenEsq

[ Edited ]

That's a really poor answer as the Logitech web page and documentation DO say that the headset will work with many other bluetooth devices as long as they support A2DP which the Mac most certainly does. How about a real answer?

Here's the line from your own support docs:

You can use the headset with most Bluetooth devices for both audio streaming and phone calls.

Your device must support the following protocols:

• For audio streaming: A2DP

• For phone calls: HFP 1.5

Logi Nu
zehunter

Hi,

any possibility to make this headset work on windows 7?

it's possible to listen music, but microphone feature doesn't work, and headset is like "turn off" when trying any chat program (MSN or Teamspeak) ...

my PC computer is fully bluetooth, and worked fine, so where is the problem??? are you lying on the manual ??

regards,

Cintech

Hello zehunter,

Does the mic work in windows? You can test it here: Start > All Programs > Accessories > Sound Recorder

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
francisco_py

I try to connect this headset to my I Pad and no problem, but with my Laptop windows 7 the bluetooth recongnises the Headset but on properties it does not recongnize the Manufacturer and apparently a driver is missing (it does not work) it gives an error and indicates there is a driver missing for the Buletooth Perfipheral Device, and windows can not fix it.

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver

Any comments or help?

Cintech

Hello francisco_py,

The Logitech Wireless Headset http://www.logitech.com/en-us/tablet-accessories/headsets/devices/8452 is intended for use with Tablets, smartphones and other devices that support Bluetooth® wireless audio profile [Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP). Your laptop may not have the A2DP Bluetooth protocol installed, this would be the missing driver. Depending on the laptop, you may need to check the manufacturer for a Bluetooth update.

Best Regards,

Logi Nu
Dipesh_Jhala

Dear Team, I have checked my laptop supports Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) bluetooth protocol the link hereiwth confirms that http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13616_na/13616_na.HTML. However am still not able to have the logitech wireless headset functional (please note that its already paired and sufficeintly charged - when I plug it to the usb charger; amber light comes up and when disconnected; green light comes up). Please let me know if you have some solution to this topic. Thanks, Warm Regards, DJ