Logi Browser
SlowpokeG

Mumble right ear output only Solution for G930 G35 headsets

I didn't find anywhere that clearly explained how to fix the issue with the g930 and g35 where sound only comes out of the right speaker when using mumble in Windows 7 and Vista.

A lot of people say turning surround sound or turning on the "Positional Audio" option in the Audio Output (advanced checked) settings in Mumble is the solution. These are both wrong and not the correct solution. Surround sound seems like it fixes the issue, but it introduces a bunch of software processing that does not sound natural. The positional audio option just adds a little bit of sound to the left side, but not equal to the right side, making it seem like the problem is fixed, but it isn't.

THE FIX:

1) Close Mumble. Right click on the mumble shortcut and click on properties. Go to the compatibility tab and check the option "Run This Program in Compatibility Mode for" with Windows XP Service Pack 3 selected. Then click ok.

2) Now open Mumble and go to the settings. Click on Audio Output on the menu and check that the output mode is DirectSound. In my pc, this is now the only option and cannot be changed.

3) Disable the Positional Audio option and click ok. The problem should now be fixed.

Turning on Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility will force mumble to use DirectSound mode instead of WASAPI for the audio output. You will notice this in the disabled drop down menus in Audio Output and Audio Input. Without turning Windows XP compatibility mode on, Mumble uses WASAPI mode and does not let you select Direct Sound. When compatibility mode is turned on, Mumble uses Direct Sound and will not let you chose anything else.

I hope this helps as I spent way to much time trying to fix this issue. The only drawback is that mumble's awesome positional audio feature will not work with the g930/g35. It will only make the one ear problem resurge if turned on.

Logi Nu
Leela80

Re: Mumble right ear output only Solution for G930 G35 headsets

Thankyou, this fix worked well.

Much appreciated.

Logi Browser
hydraulix

Thanks for posting this.

However, this solution creates another problem.

When running in XP compatibility mode, you lose the ability to utilize the attenuation settings, and for me, this can be a deal breaker. Some people may not even know or care about this feature however.

I flip back and forth between my 5.1 speakers on my desk, and my Logitech G930 Headset. When using my desktop speakers and USB desk mic, I've GOT to have my attenuation working both when I speak and when other people speak. It's 90% of the reason I love mumble.

I also like to blast the game sound volume, and when people speak, it's a beautiful thing to have system volume turn down when they do so.

This fix however is definitely better than the one that was posted a while back saying to turn off all your additional speakers in the sound control panel so your then limited to just L/R stereo.

Logi Nu
FRlTZ

Logi Nu
1ZaGoR1

wow man tnx a lot!! been trying to figure this out for 3 days now :smileyhappy: