05-06-2013 02:06 PM
So Ive had a problem with my one year old G930 lately and it's really anoying. First of all, the batterie is always low and whenever It's fully charged and I unplugg it, the batterie last not more than an hour. But my real problem is that when plugged, my headset keeps turning off and on at some random moments. Sometimes it will do it a lot repeatedly in a short amount of time and then stop. This is really annoying especialy for my friends on skype because they are always hearing the emitting sound it makes when the headset turns on. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?
05-07-2013 02:08 PM
The following suggestions might help in resolving the problem with your Wireless Gaming Headset G930:
-Delete the settings.json file (Should be found in C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Local\Logitech\Logitech Gaming Software)
-Uninstall the Logitech Gaming Software.
-Perform a clean boot.
-Reinstall the latest version of the Logitech Gaming Software (You can download it from here)
-Test your G930.
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
05-07-2013 11:18 PM
This one was a NIGHTMARE for me. After lots of searching and troubleshooting I found these things greatly helped and 1 eliminated the issue.
1. Change you wireless router to channel 1 or channel 11 (refer to owners manual or manufacture support)
2. Give distance between other wireless receivers nearby or connected to your pc. Exampe: I also use the Razer Naga Epic and Wireless Xbox 360 controller adapter as well as a wireless Keyboard. I had major inference issues when sitting within 3 feet of my Razer Naga Epic Wireless dock. Now I have naga dock on one side of my desk and g930 receiver on the other side. The Xbox 360 controller adapter also gave me HUGE HUGE problems constant disconnects would work for 5-10mins then cut out. Left me cussing was ready to throw it. Now i leave it unplugged because I rarely use it anyway.
3. Mini Fridge/Microwave. I have a half size fridge and a microwave in my man cave. Originally it was on the left side of my desk. Got intermittent issues with it. Moved the mini fridge/microwave to the wall directly behind me. No issues
4. Power. I have a few high powered USB Devices. My G13 gamepad Naga Epic Wireless dock then the G930 wireless adapter. When connected to USB ports directly next to each other this is a NIGHTMARE nothing was happy. On my motherboard I have several usb bus's (groups of usb ports) What i ended up doing is Plugging my Naga Epic into the top set of USB ports, the G13 gamepad into the bottom set of usb ports and finally the G930s into the Mid Ports. Also make sure your not using USB 3.0 Ports or if you can disable the charging function of the usb ports ie charging an ipad or tablet from the usb port when you normally cannot. These can sometimes cause power issues as well. Always use usb 2.0 ports.
5. This one is contreversial. Cant say it works cant say it doesnt. Some people say it does others say it doesnt. Check out this post at your own discretion. If your not comftorable with the instructions do not follow them at all:
Click start run. Enter regedit, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\G930. There are strings of "bandxgainlevel (where x = 1-10). Band6gain should be reset to 0. It is currently set on some other value. Band5gain should be set to 1. It, also is set to some other value. This must be done after you uninstall the software and driver for the G930, otherwise the registry will simply reset itself.
Those are the steps I took to resolve my issue. I did attempt the 5th one but cant confirm a fix. Seems my issues were interference related. Ive owned a few wireless headsets from other companies (razer and triton) never had wireless issues but they also werent nearly as comftorable convenient and audio quality lacking. Keep working with it. The G930's are well worth the hassle. Wouldnt want to go a day without em now XD Cheers!
06-18-2013 01:09 PM - edited 06-18-2013 01:09 PM
Appears to be an issue thats been happening with this headset since it was released. Insane how it doesnt havea fix yet. My Tritton headset has never had these sort of issues. Definitely going to be returning my g930 if I cant figure it out over the enxt day or so.
Ive tried everything I can find suggested on these forums with no luck.
10-26-2014 01:22 PM - edited 10-26-2014 01:23 PM
I am having the same issue and nothing I have tried from the support site has worked at all. I seriously have never been SO disappointed by a product i have purchased. My headset used to connect intermittently but is not connecting at all now. This purchase has truly impacted my view on logitech products.