Logi Browser
RugbyPlayer

No Audio G930

I bought a Logitech G930 today, came home, installed the drivers disk and plugged in the USB transmitter and get no audio. I can here feedback coming from my microphone (fan hitting it) but that is it. The Device is recognized in Device Manager, i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software that came with the headset and get nothing but the same thing

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bphillips

Re: No Audio G930

Hi RugbyPlayer,

Please make sure that the G930 is set as the default device. Depending on which version of Windows you have, it can be switched in the Control Panel under "Sounds". If this doesn't work, please try a different USB port or try and update the drivers for the device in Device Manager.

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
RugbyPlayer

It is set to the default device in both my control panel and the Game i usually play (WOW). I have tried USB ports both on the back of the unit I.E directly on the mobo itself and at the top of the case connected via wire to the MOBO. I have also downloaded and installed the latest chipset drivers for my MOBO. Its not a problem with the mic syncing with the wireless dongle as it is recognized in control panel

bphillips

Hi RugbyPlayer,

If you haven't already, please try the G930 on a different computer. If the issue persists, please contact Customer Support in your region for further assistance and/or warranty information.

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
RugbyPlayer

i have in fact tried this on my laptop running windows XP 32 bit via bootcamp (macbook pro) so the OS is the same as my desktop and it works just fine

bphillips

Hi RugbyPlayer,

Please try updating the drivers for the headset. This can be done by going into your device manager, right-clicking on the headset (or possibly unknown device), and selecting update drivers. If this does not resolve the issue, please follow the above steps but instead of choosing update, select uninstall. Once the drivers have been uninstalled, remove and plug the headset into a different USB port. 

Also, please make sure you are not missing any Windows Updates.

Best Regards,

Logi Browser
RugbyPlayer

i have tried all of the above several times before

bphillips

Hi RugbyPlayer,

Since you've tried it on another computer and it works fine, and you've tried the steps I've provided you with, it seems to be an OS or computer issue. Please do a Windows repair, or contact Microsoft/a local PC tech for further assistance.

Regards,

Logi Nu
joshj81

I have this same issue and followed every troubleshooting to the T.

RP did you ever fix this problem?  Anyone?

Logi Browser
RugbyPlayer

no i did not ever find a solution, im bumping this because its ridiculous that the techs didnt have an answer so maybe another one will.

It works just fine on my laptop

I have tried it through 3 fresh installs of windows XP and still nothing. Service Pack 3

i know the compute recognizes it because in the logitech software the up and down volume knob in fact controls the volume shown there