Logi Browser
nopresnik
Accepted Solution

Problems With Skype and G930

[ Edited ]

Hi guys.. I just had my G930 delivered today! I plugged in the headset and it was working with skype perfectly.

It was up until I installed the software that came with the headset. After installing that, skype was going crazy. Crashing, freezing. i could call someone but it would not connect. And if i needed to end that call, the end call button would not work.

Please show your support. Thanks Nathan

MichaelKenward
Topics: 16
Solutions: 202

Re: Problems With Skype and G930

If the headset works without the software, I would remove it.

I have come across similar issues with webcams. When I fund that the software did nothing to add useful features I got rid of it.

You could also poke around in Skype and ensure that it is using the right sound devices. Tell it to use your new headset and it might stop messing you up.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint Control Centre version: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Browser
nopresnik

[ Edited ]

No, I can't accept that as a solution. I would like the software installed so I can have what I payed for.. I can't use surround sound without the software, I can't change specific sound/recording settings.

I would like a proper solution to this problem, not a work around. I never wanted to buy $250 peice of hardware and only use $125 of it..

MichaelKenward

So, what did you find Skype?

Skype seems to be at the heart of your problem.

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Browser
nopresnik

[ Edited ]

Well yes, It doesn't want to work with skype (When the software) is installed. Also when I have the software on the computer, a little bit of the program is snipped off, like I can't see the battery meter. Skype is set to the g930, but when the headset software comes into play, skype goes crazy....

Logi Browser
nopresnik

[ Edited ]

I also tried the LGS software, no go. The software is what is causing Skype to go limbo.

EDIT: Also,when I have the software is installed, I can't open up my sound devices in the taskbar.

I'm having nothing but trouble, I think if I can't get anything to work, I'll try a Windows 7 reinstall :smileysad:

Logi Browser
nopresnik

I reinstalled windows. It all works now! Im happy :smileyvery-happy:

MichaelKenward

I was going to suggest removing and reinstalling Skype.

These things often depend on the order in which you install stuff. Skype feeds of the sound stuff rather than the other way round.

When you install Skype it needs to find the sound things on the PC. If you subsequently add another sound device, Skype may get confused.

As the sound devices are more fundamental, and are used by much more than Skype, it makes sense to have the sound system and its software in there before you throw Skype into the mix.

I have seen this with other software.

Logi Browser
nopresnik

I did try that multiple ways. But anyway, format was worth it