Logi Nu
sajuuk

Recording in game sound while using G35

Hi there, I want to record in game sound via fraps or gamecam while using a G35 headset, but I have no option of G35 speakers in my recording devices. While the G35 is plugged in, no sound comes from the "What U Hear" or "Stereo Mix" device and the only thing thats actually picked up is the G35 mic. This isnt a fraps or gamecam issue as I cant record sound with any program when I use the G35 except for the G35 mic. Has anyone found a workaround for this? I'm using win7 if that makes any difference. Thank you for your time.
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
ebona

Re: Recording in game sound while using G35

Hi sajuuk,

I just tried recording in game audio with Fraps, while using a G35 headset on Windows 7. I went to the Movies tab inside Fraps and checked the box that says "Record Win7 sound" 

Then I opened the game and recorded a clip and played it back.  It recorded the video and the audio perfectly for me. 

Here is a screenshot for you to see clearly what I mean:

fraps.jpg

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
sajuuk

[ Edited ]

While this does indeed work for Fraps, other recording software like Audacity or GameCam cant pick anything up. I realise it's a little late to ask, but would it be possible to add a device under the recording tab in windows to make it easier for people? Thanks for the reply.

Logi Nu
Parker090

I don't know how to make it easy to add a device under Windows for recording in-game sound with Audacity or Gamecam. I just know you can record in-game sound with many different tools. Programs like Wegame, Fraps, Screen recording suite and streaming audio recorder can help you do the thing well.