07-21-2011 05:58 PM
Hello logitech forums!
I am in desperate need of some support,
- Purchased approximately 35 days ago, with use every day.
- Had great sound quality, more than enough for what the price entailed.
- The exact same could be said about the voice quality.
- Recently, two days ago, sort of broke.
- Somewhere in the middle of a song I was listening to, my sound quality dropped terribly, everything sounded like it was being sent through a water-filled tin can before being projected out of my headphones.
- Upon attempted trouble-shooting, I found that only certain 'sound-frequencies' are being distorted, although I haven't quite narrowed it down. (Approximates would be like this, the 'sound-spectrum' being split into four quarters, where the 'bass' is the first quarter, and the high-pitched noises being the fourth, I am 'getting' the second and fourth quarters, I'll do my best to explain this more if you need)
- After a bit of googling, I attempted some remedies, unninstalling my driver, and reinstalling, rebooting with the headset unplugged and then plugging it in,
- And the most troubling 'trouble-shoot' I attempted was using the headset on another computer, the result was the exact same, gut wrenching distortion.
So, what I would really really like to know.
- Is there any hope for this head-set?
- If not, is there any chance there is a warranty that would save me?
- OR was this 40 bucks in the trash?
- The mic function works amazingly, just as it did. It is only the 'speaker' half of the headset that is damaged.
- I did not 'bump' the USB input device, I did not bend it, or damage the 'insides' of the USB plug.
- All of the USB ports I have tried have the same effect, this includes the 4 integrated in my laptop, a few USB adapter/extenders, and a few other computer (PC and laptop) USB drives.
- I tried fiddling with my audio properties, lowering settings, raising some, and no effect, I have since restored to default.
- Running on Vista.
- Other headphones/earphones/speakers/etc. work fine.
07-25-2011 02:46 PM
Please check your private messages.
09-13-2011 12:28 PM
I added a powered usb hub an it resolved the issue.
Before that I tried reinstalling drivers rolling back drivers all i could think of and none of it worked.