Logi Nu
Unlucky_Ukko

Re: (Solved) G930 Static/crackling sound problem

Ok guys. I solved it. For some reason my laptop takes to much power on HIgh Performance,Balanced mode (In balanced cracklings are less than on High) . On power saving headsets work flawless!! So i created a new power plan on power saving mode. I was afraid to do that cause i could lose some performance in games and fps. But I didnt. Crysis 3 has no drops in FPS,Dota2 and BF3! Maybe its problem with asus and windows 8 at the moment,after all G750series are new on the market. I think it will fix itself on windows update or something in the future. I'm kinda glad I had this problem because all that power was going to much in the laptop and could screw up things,now it works like a charm :smileyhappy:  P.S. Driver version Im using is : 8.30

Logi Nu
Stinger656

[ Edited ]

Downloading the older version of the program fixed my issue.

Logi Nu
asfswvw

I too have a problem with crackling on some videos (recorded tv with ac3 audio) and random disconnects.   What fixed it for me was just disabling the surround sound switch when I am experiencing these problems (if fixed the cracling, not sure yet about the disconnects.  It doesn't sound as good as with the surround channels but it does fix things.  I can't remember the problem being this bad since before the 8.50 drivers.

But we need to remember that in surround sound mode the wireless uses more bandwith.  Stoping the drivers (which disables surround sound) and messing with wireless channels try to descrease interference, but disabling surroud sound also things out the bandwith so it's less likely to cut out and interfere (crackle).  

Just some things to try. 

Logi Nu
AlphaZensei

[ Edited ]

I (believe it or not) also have this problem - still do. However after some testing I found it was neither the Software or the Hardware. I don't know about anyone else, but my headset will only crackle and pop while on my desktop. On my laptop (same software, same headset) It works like a charm. The conclusion I've made is that the USB's plugged into my Desktop are intefering with the Headset (as already mentioned in this topic by FloppyDisk). My laptop at the time of testing, had no USB's plugged in - just the Wireless emitter. My Desktop has about 6 USB's plugged into it (poor thing), and the crackle and pops are a major nuisance.So... anyway, i was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge of changing the frequencies of USB's. 

Logi Browser
Wartai

AlphaZensei wrote:

My laptop at the time of testing, had no USB's plugged in - just the Wireless emitter. My Desktop has about 6 USB's plugged into it (poor thing), and the crackle and pops are a major nuisance.So... anyway, i was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge of changing the frequencies of USB's. 

You do know that the headsets run on the same frequency as your WiFi and causes the same type of noises as well as disconnects..

Logi Nu
AlphaZensei

[ Edited ]

no - i didn't...

It was just something i noticed - i probably could have worded my previous entry better.

Edit: Nevermind - moved some of the USB's around and hey presto - works fine and dandy.

Logi Nu
Tanner3415

Re: This fixed mine!!!!

Thanks. This solution fixed mine also. Thank you so much.

Logi Browser
Darkstar80

[ Edited ]
I just got g930 yesterday and im having the same problems. On my gaming PC i get the static/crackling sounds, not to the point i cant hear anything, but definitely an unacceptable amount since my old $30 headset had none.

It works fine on my wife's laptop, clear as a bell.

I've tried changing usb ports, 3.0, or 2.0 makes no difference.
I've tried changing my wifi channel, no dice.
I've installed the older versions of the driver as suggested by some in this thread, again no change.

This really really **bleep**. I was really looking forward to these headphones, but if i cant get them working ill have to return them. I find it really odd that this problem has been going on for so long with no apparent solution that works in all cases.

Anyone have any ideas why it would work on one pc and not another?

Edit: so now that i've had this for a few more days it works sometimes and other times it's back to snap crackle pop static. It actually does this on the laptop as well, and my HTPC. The only thing that stops it when it's happening is to hold my hand over the left earcup......and that makes it really hard to play video games!

I've sent in a support request online but have had nothing but an auto response so far....2 days.
Logi Browser
Darkstar80

Bump to the top, hoping someone from logitech still looks at this thread.
Logi Rook
vlykarye

@Darkstar80 

Your problem sounds like something with the headset specifically. If you can get a replacement, that would probably be the best solution.