Logi Nu
svadimr
Accepted Solution

Two pairs of headphones

Hello, I'm looking for an option for two persons to use headphones in the same time (listening to the same source). If I buy two pairs of Logitech F540 will they work together on the same computer? How should they be connected? What about G930, can two pairs work with one usb connector? Thank you, Vadim.
Logi Master
NeatNit

Re: Two pairs of headphones

The F540 is meant for PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, not for computers.

Using two of the same headset at once... I'm not sure. Considering you can buy an antenna for it, I think they auto-connect to the first antenna they see, and the antenna connects to the first G930 it sees. I have no idea what will happen if you use two at once. We should wait for a Logitech answer. I also asked @Logitech on twitter :smileytongue:

[ Edited ]

Thank for the answer. F540 has an aux in so can be easily used with a computer. I have an xbox as well, but PC sound is more important to me than xbox in any case. It is really interesting if two sets can work with one antenna simultaneously.

Some people suggested to buy Sennheiser RS120/RS130 because of their abitliy to work with one base and I'm really considereting this (I can leave without the mic).

Let's wait for their answer.

Logi Master
NeatNit

The (unconfirmed) inability to use two headsets at once comes from the two-way connection - the microphone and the G-buttons (on the G930). I would imagine if you tried to use two at once, you'd hear in both but only one's mic and buttons would work. But this has to be tested. About the F540... I can't say I tried them (I don't have any console, actually), but I think you'd need to turn your xbox on for the aux to work. If you found an answer with a different product - that's great :smileyhappy: but you raised an intriguing question which I would like to find the answer to.

Still no answer from Logitech, I suppose that no one really tried this kind of configuration. It's a shame I really prefered logitech, I currently own G35 and they are great.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bphillips

Hi svadimr, 

The F540 is not fully supported on a PC, as it was manufactured for use on Xbox and PS3. As NeatNit suggested, if it were possible you'd only be able to receive sound from both the headsets through AUX IN, but I cannot be 100% sure. 

See: http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20457/~/using-the-f540-wireless-headset-...

Best Regards, 

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Master
NeatNit

Hello bphillips!

I'm glad you noticed this thread, but you missed the more intriguing question here... Would it be possible to use two G930s at once? Would they work with the same antenna?

Thanks!

Hi NeatNit, 

My apologies! Unfortunately, more than one G930 headset cannot be connected to the same USB receiver at the same time. 

Best regards, 

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
svadimr

Thank you for the answer, bad news for me.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bphillips

I wish I could have given you better news, but you're welcome!