Logi Browser
dpbriley

Wireless H800 Headphones, continuous problems

[ Edited ]

I have been a user of Logitech products since the company's infancy. I have begun to notice a trend that I find disturbing at best, the release of products before they are ready for market, and little to no support to find after release.

I have a brand new set of H800 Wireless headphones that have been more of a headache then any product that I have ever purchased, they never perform the same way twice. Seemed to work fine the first day, but it's nearly impossible to switch from headphones to speakers unless you remove the nano receiver, trying to use the Windows 7 Devices interface to set the speakers as the default device doesn't always work correctly and creates more headaches.

The second time I used the headphones I tried to switch from speakers to the headphones and they wouldn't work, selecting them as the default device was having no affect and multiple attempts proved fruitless. Eventually rebooted the system, yes the entire computer was shut down to get the headphones to work, then they functioned.

The next time I used the headphones I booted the computer with them selected as the default device and they didn't work. I thought there was something wrong with the sound on the PC, so I switched over to the speakers to find the sound system was working just fine, but the headphones were again playing games with my head. This time I switched between them being the default device and the speakers, was about to give up and reboot when they miraculously beeped and began working.

This morning I booted up to find the speakers working just fine, but when trying to swap over to the headphones, no sound! This is the best part, I can pull the nano out and the speakers work, plug it back in and the device interface screen shows green bars for the headphones and I can even control the media player with the buttons on the side, stop, start, next, back, BUT NO SOUND!

This is insane, there are obviously to ready for prime time, and when I go to the support area for these I get nothing, NOTHING! I downloaded the pairing utility and even it is screwed up, the middle of the screen, which obviously links to a web site (and why) shows the download screen for the driver and not the pairing instructions like it is supposed to. Utterly worthless, it tells me he headphones are paired, sure they are, just not playing any sound.

STAY AWAY from these until the bugs are worked out, it just really **bleep** being a beta tester and having to pay to boot.

Logi Browser
dpbriley

Re: Wireless H800 Headphones, continuous problems

:smileyvery-happy: 22 views so far and no ideas on how to fix, even from the logitech support gurus . . . .  very telling . . . . must be return time for this $99 paperweight.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
jlohnes

Hello dpbriley,

Are you re-starting your media player or browser after switching over from device to device? If not, that will cause this issue. In order for the media player or browser to recognize the switch, it needs to be started again.

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Nigma

[ Edited ]

I'm a big fan of Logitech products. I'm currently using the G510 Keyboard, Love it ! The G700 mouse, Love it as well ! And the most recent upgrade is the H800 Headset. HATE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Bluetooth Jabra Stereo headset at work that I have synced with my iPhone and PC. I love how easy it is to switch between the 2 devices. I wanted a nice Bluetooth headset that I could use for gaming and/or listening to music while being able to take calls at home. So I bought the Logitech H800 - Wow completely disappointed, so far.....

Using the Wireless Nano USB dongle, the headset works great !

Using the Bluetooth is another story.

A. The documentation to put the H800 in pairing mode didn't even come with the instructions. I had the go to Logitech.com to find out how to put the device in pairing mode.

B. Windows 7 (64 and 32) will see the device as "H800 Logitech Headset" and will connect to it. Once connected, Windows 7 gives a "Windows was unable to install your Bluetooth Peripheral device". In the Device Manager > Other devices , has 3 Bluetooth Peripheral Devices listed with exclamation points.

C. Called Logitech Support. No help at all. I called 3 times and spoke with 4 different people. They had no clue what the resolution was. I was told to returned the product to the store I bought the headset from (BBY) and buy a different model and try a different company.

UPDATE: I posted the driver resolution HERE.

Still going to wait the full 30 Days to test the H800 to see if I change my mind and/or to see if Logitech can provide more infoormation. I Windows 7 H800 GUID device icon would be nice.

Logi Browser
SebastianScar

I have the same problem too.

I just can't connect the headset to the receiver. The green light keeps flashing....

The Bluetooth mode is working, at least.

In H800 download section they say to download the Re-pairing utility but it seems that this application doesn't have to do with H800 at all, but with other peripherals as Mouse and Keyboards.

I'm getting quite desperate 'cause I need this for work!

Logitech, could YOU please help me?

I wrote an email to the Italian division of Logitech but no one is answering me....

Logi Browser
s4ndr0

Same here, can't connect to the nano dongle!

At my Phone I get NO audio via Bluetooth but i can skip tracks lol.

My PC's and Laptop's bluetooth won't even pair correctly with that piece of CRAP.

I'm totaly pissed at Logitech! I had a Logitech ClearChar Wireless Headphones, this had the left speaker issue so they sent me another one.. GUESS WHAT SAME ISSUE.

So i got a H800 as warranty replacement.. and now this mess..NO MORE LOGITECH WIRELESS PRODUCTS for me! It's just not worth the hassle..

Logi Browser
SebastianScar

Ok, i got it.

One step forward. This page http://logitech-it-emea.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26699/kw/ sayes

"Press and hold the Volume up and Mute buttons together until the link LED indicator blinks rapidly"

But there's an error. You should press Volume Up and Next track to get the LED blink. And that is OK.

Then it says to download the re-paring utility from here http://www.logitech.com/438/8567

But this is not the paring utility!!! There's no "next" button to press..

Anybody knows where to download the REAL pairing utility? :smileyhappy:

Thanks

PS: sorry for my bad English I'm from Italy

Logi Browser
s4ndr0

the next "button" is the slider on the side of the right earpiece, tryed that light blinks rapidly but doesen't solve anything.. and this tool is totaly useless

Logi Browser
SebastianScar

I was talking about the "Next" button on the Re-pairing utility..

... i think i will send back this item.

Somebody ever used  Wireless Headset H760 or Wireless Headset H600

Are this WORKING?!?!! :smileyvery-happy:

Logi Browser
s4ndr0

[ Edited ]

i don't think that any wireless logitech headset is properly working..

LoL Pairing Utility:

http://www.logitech.com/de-de/494/8450?WT.z_sp=Image&osid=14&bit=64

No Download avaible... **bleep**ing joke!