Logi Nu
brian30

cannot listen to online sounds with PC headset 960

After accidentally breaking the headphone jack on my computer I was left only with the option of using my USB port to plug in headphones from now on.

And so I purchased the logitech PC 960 headset. I don't use the actual headset itself but just the part that plugs in the USB, with my own headphones plugged into it. 

My probelm is, I cannot hear any internet related sounds (youtube, ect) through my headphones, it just goes straight through my computer's speakers. I DO hear on my headphones all sounds that are not online, such as media files on my computer, those play just fine via USB. Also, windows related sounds will play through the usb. Skype works just fine too. I just can't listen to anything that is online like youtube and the like. 

My settings in control panel seem to be correct. Audio tab- default device set to logitech USB. 

Use only default devices in checked.

Is there anything else I can do? Is there any way to fix this? I cannot find an answer. I am probably gonna have to buy a different USB headphones probably.I have tried calling the logitech phone number and couldn't get any help. Nor is there any sign of help online.

Logi Nu
PhilipV

Re: cannot listen to online sounds with PC headset 960

I have found this topic, so i am gonna write in this so i dont make a double.

BEcause. i have the exact same problem. I have resently bought this headset, and loved the idea with usb. No messing around with what cord goes where. Only one shot here ;-)

Anyway as mentioned, i too need to close down my webbroser before i get sound again. Even with some games this happens as well, only a restart of the "program" is working. And since i have a bunch of tabs open in my browser, it is a pain that i need to close down, to watch videos with sound.

I am with a windows 7 machine and feels like i have tried anything.

Is there really nothing to do about this ?

Logi Nu
PhilipV

hmm wauw. Really no one able to help on this topic ??

Logi Nu
PhilipV

Bumb.

This is still an issue.

Really no one from logitech able to help here ?

Logi Nu
PhilipV

This is simply **bleep**ed.

I must say i am absolutely stunned about the no reply with this,

Sad sad sad, logitech, going down to the store to throw your **bleep** back in your faces when you abviously dont want to help a customer. :catmad:

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

[ Edited ]

Hello PhillipV,

Sometimes it's best to start a new thread instead of adding to a really old one since the post can easily be missed when attached to an old thread.

Please see: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-sound/no-sound-from-internet-explorer...

1. Open IE. Go to Tools> Internet Options.
2. Switch to the "Advanced" Tab.
3. Scroll down to the "Multimedia" sub-heading.
4. Make sure the box next to "Play sounds in web pages" is checked. Click "ok". Restart Internet Explorer. Test to see if sounds will now play.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.