04-07-2012 12:14 AM - edited 04-07-2012 10:54 AM
For a pricey headset, it has some serious issues. Every since I purchased this item I have had problems but they always seemed to work themselves out (until now). When it works, it is phenominal. Here's the deal. Out of nowhere, my headset will not charge. Will not connect and I can not use it. Here is alist of what is going on and what I have already tried to do. (After hours...HOURS of trying to fix it)
- plugged in- headest charge light stays lit orange for about 30 seconds then the light goes out and stays out for about 2 minutes then goes steady orange again then....(read below)
- plugged in- headset charge light will go green and it will turn on for 3 seconds. then light blinks orange then red and turns off (sometimes back to steady orange until the light turns off completely after 30 seonds)...then back on to steady orange.
- unplugged- headset will turn on immediately after pressing button, both lights green. After 3 seconds charge light goes orange (1 second) then red(1 second) then shuts off completely.
Sometimes the light will blink (orange) for a few seconds, then steady for a bit then blink for another few seconds then steady then off completely and then back on after a bit. The cycle just keeps repeating itself.
I have tried the following to fix the issue.
- un-plugged, uninstalled software, reboot. reinstall per directions, plug in...same issues
- removed/reinstalled battery from headset... No changes
- installing from disk, MESSAGE: install has been interupted try again.....same message over and over. Only option is to use the latest software
- Sometimes if I move the headset while its plugged in, the light will blink until I place it down, then goes solid orange again. Sometimes it stays solid orange nomatter how I move it around.
- The software does not say anything about charge status, either dead, charging or how long until recharges. It does see the headset when it is plugged in.
SOMEONE, ANYONE...PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...HOW CAN THIS BE FIXED. Im sure now that I removed the cover and unplugged/replugged the battery that any warranty I may have had is gone. This thing cost me 150$ that I dont feel like throwing in the trash right now.
I have tried one other suggestion that someone had but after the second: go to system and then open dos and unzip this to a temp folder in the "hjgtd:%$# file" and then rerun the molecular timing warp machine,...ya you get it.... I gave up.
This has happened before but only until I rebooted. This is the first time it has not cleared up after a reboot, reconnect plug in unplug little bit of playing around.
I have a logitech keyboard, gamepad and mouse. I have never had any issues with any of them. I appreciate anyone who can offer assistance in figuring this out becasue I think (thought) I was pretty savvy when it came to things like this....I have been proved wrong....
After some messing around I managed to get the headset layed down while plugged in and wiggling it until the light started to blink orange. It stayed blinking ornage for a few hours so i left it over night. I woke up this morning to a solid orange light. I unlugged it, and WHOALLLA...all works......Aparently it does not want to charge anymore is the issue.
04-10-2012 12:45 PM
I suggest contacting Logitech Customer Care for your region directly.
04-13-2012 11:21 AM
I am sorry, but this is FREAKING RIDICULOUS.
Logitech, get your act together! You have been covering up since this headset came out. Always it is "contact this or that" or "We will send your suggestions to bla bla" or "Please elaborate on your problem etc etc and we will try and help" or "Please use another usb port etc etc Restart your pc etc".
Well guess what. This headset costs way more than any other of my pc peripherals, and strangely, it is the ONLY single item that is giving me grey hair EVERY DAY.
All I can say is this. I have owned this headset for 14 months now and since I got it, it has been giving me nothing but issues. Nothing, not customer service, Logitech forums or the (non existant) software updates have done anything to remedy the headset, not to mention the blatant false advertesing "noise cancelling mic". I have waited patiently for more than a year and I got nothing for it. No patches that helped the numerous problems everyone is complaining about.
All I can say if you are reading this and a prospective buyer is: STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS.
This headset is nothing but problems. Random disconnects, dongle malfunctioning in windows, G930 software that conflicts (yes conflicts with the drivers), utterly random shutdowns on full battery, or even the dreaded auto shutdown that fails to shutdown is at the order of each and every day. And guess what. Logitech has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to try and remedy the problem (they even censored a negative review I left on the product page). lf Logitech was remotely interested in customer satisfaction they could... heck let me not get carried away now, because that won't happen.