Logi Browser
homer555

g930 microphone buzz/static/noise

my headset i frustrating me. Constant buzz / hiss / static, when microphone is on.

My old inexpensiveheadset has no static what so ever.

Frustrating that this product dosn't work.....

edit:: I have also tried to connect the headset to another computer, running windows xp (main computer running windows 7, 64). Same problem here. Constant static from the microfone.

edit2:: when I open the setting for logitech g930 program, and activate one of the distorted voices, the static noise suddenly dissapers. Strange. But its still not a solotion to seek a android or troll, when speeking to my friends / family

Logi Nu
Arichman

Re: g930 microphone buzz/static/noise

I have this exact same issue and activating one of the distorted voices gets rid of the static too.

I really hope Logitech fixes this problem. I would really hate to have to return it. 

Since its obviously software please just release an update.

Logi Nu
Todd Wetzel

I've used this headset for 1 week now and I can't find a solution to the noise issues - very frustrating.  Google Talk, Skype, Various games - I'm not going to use any of the voice effects for these apps.   With Skype I have to use the surround feature to provide sound to both ears but this also adds an echo effect which is frustrating.  I have listened to a movie in 5.1 and the sound effects were very good.

The issue is with the mic (drivers for the mic??).  I purchased this headset because I needed a good headset both work, games, and movies...  Playback only its good.

Logi Browser
gXxshock

Seems like the microphone is the culprit for the constant noise.

While trying to figure out a good microphone setting, I found out that when you turn the sidetone all the way off, you won't get any more noise. While when you turn the sidetone up and then turn up the Headset Volume the noise just goes crazy. This is independent of the microphone volume, because that does not come into play for the sidetone (even with the mic turned off you will still get the sidetone).

Logi Browser
homer555

I haven't got the sidetone slider in sound/controlpanel.

In the program which comes with the drivers for the g930, the sidetone, dosn't fix the ambient noise.

The only thing that fixes the ambient noise/static, is to activate one of the "funny" voice emulators.

Worst and most expensive pc headset I have ever had. Can't use it for what I bought it for.

Logitech, plz fix the drivers fast. (if it is posible to fix the ambient noise with better drivers)

Logi Visitor
puttersonsale

[ Edited ]

I have similar issue but different.  I havent used mic so much but in some movies and games i static and distortion...especially with some high sounds and low bass....wasnt like this....anyone else getting this?  I know its wireless but thought sound quality would be a bit nicer....for the price you shouldnt hear the static or distortion i would think.  I wonder if i have just a bad unit.  Everything is working just as described but the sound quality is a bit off.

Logi Nu
tommyaustralia

I purchased the G930 heatset at Christmas time and the noise/static is very noticable. I also own the ClearChat wireless headset that I have used for several years without this problem.

There is definately an issue with the 930 and backgroun 'analogue sounding' static. I experience this whether the microphone is on or off. The noise sounds like interference on an old analogue radio rather than a digital source/noise problem.

I've tried tweaking the settings in the G930's driver configuration - turning the 'alien voices' on and off, enabling the equaliser and adjusting the gain, surround sound and other settings - nothign makes any difference. :smileysad:

Logi Rook
Kensiko

Hello all !!

I bought this headset knowing it could have a microphone noise problem. I got it last thursday. I started searching for a noise removing software and found Solicall. Unfortunately, it seems to have an issue with the sound coming from the G930.

This morning I had clear mind, I suspected that the noise was coming from the wireless signal. It was true !!

TO ALL: ACTIVATE THE LOCAL FEEDBACK TO MAXIMUM LEVEL AND PUT YOUR HAND AROUND THE MICROPHONE BOOM, THE NOISE DISAPPEAR !!

I'm currently trying to put aluminium foil around the boom to solve this problem forever.

Logi Rook
Kensiko

[ Edited ]

Hello again,

I've been trying different ways to stop the noise, from aluminum foil to can caps, and this one has given the best results without affecting the wireless range (at least for me). I know that looks crazy and I'll probably need to work on it again.

Please logitech do a revision of your wireless headset, it's surely easy to do what I did inside the package.

Logi Nu
amphy404

Thanks Kensiko,

Putting my hands around the microphone boom does seem to reduce the buzzing a little, but the buzzing sound is still there for me. I have to leave my sidetone level at zero all the time. I haven't tried wrapping tin foil around it yet.

Has anyone tried to return their headset under warranty? Did the replacement unit have the same problems?