Logi Nu
xxtrustkill

microphone doesn't work

[ Edited ]
I just bought the Logitech Precision PC Gaming Headset and i can get sound to come through the headphones but the mic isnt working. I've tested it in Sound Recorder and in the Hardware Test thing and it doesnt detect a microphone. I have it plugged in correctly i think it has something to do with when i go to Volume Control and there is the Microphone, Line In, S/PDIF-In, and Auxilary volume controls and if i try to unmute any of them it mutes the microphone. I dont know what to do because it seems like my computer doesnt detect a microphone or something there was no installation cd. Please help!

Message Edited by xxtrustkill on 06-02-200609:55 AM

Logi Nu
RIA0722

Re: microphone doesn't work

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY MIC. YES I GET SOUND FROM THE HEADPHONES BUT I CANT GET THE MIC TO WORK. I ENENCALLED A TECH SUPPORT PLACE AND THEY ARE JUST AS PUZZLED AS WE ARE. MAYBE WE NEED THE GEEK SQUAD...LOL :smileyhappy:
Logi Nu
kadawg13

i have this same mic,  it works and i can record stuff but i bought it so i could voice chat when im playing battlefields 2 online.  i am very upset to have spent $35 on a product that is now usless to me.  it doesnot work in game at all.  there is a program with BF2 that your supposed to use to enable it and i have done so multiple times but it doesnot work in game.  if i could find that recipt i would take this back and not buy logitech again.  never had much luck with logitech products in the first place so i should have known better.....
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mona

kadawg13 wrote:
i have this same mic,  it works and i can record stuff but i bought it so i could voice chat when im playing battlefields 2 online.  i am very upset to have spent $35 on a product that is now usless to me.  it doesnot work in game at all.  there is a program with BF2 that your supposed to use to enable it and i have done so multiple times but it doesnot work in game.  if i could find that recipt i would take this back and not buy logitech again.  never had much luck with logitech products in the first place so i should have known better.....

kadawg13, if you are able to record with your microphone, this clearly shows that your microphone is not faulty. To enable your microphone in Battlefields 2 online, you should consult the Battlefields 2 documentation instead.
Logi Nu
mkendri007

I have recently purchased a new computer with vista. My extreme gaming headset worked with my old computer(XP) but I doesn't seem to register that I have it plugged in. It's plugged in correctly and I have tried to make sound changes to get the mic to pick up, but nothing has worked. I can pick up sounds and hear through them, I just can't use the voice part of it. No installer CD came with the mic and I would really like to get it to work. Thanks.
Logi Nu
Obeliske

sigh same problem... you know i used to use logitech products only because imo they had some of the best out there. However the last year or 2 every product ive bought has been faulty in some way.Im having the same problem my headphones are really quiet and my volumes at max everywhere and my mic doesnt work at all me and my buddies are all gamers and we really rely on a lot of logitech products from heaphones and speakers to webcams and optical mice but im really getting tired of getting products that dont work properly im trying to get this set of headphones to run off a fresh install of vista ( i got the digital precision PC gaming headset) and its still not working... anybody have any ideas or help out there?
Logi Nu
Andrew000001

sound recorder does not work, neither does window's xp mic setup wizzard/test. BUT... when using ventrilo i boost outbound amplifier and it works cristal clear...... i think there is a fault with windows.... does logitech have a mic amplifier program?? just an idea. I also have the precision gaming headset.
Logi Nu
Josh000001

Precision PC gaming Headset - microphone is a lemon. Absolutely same problem, except no matter what i try i cannot get Ventrilo to work. I can't find a fault with Windows. But, same - all settings read good, but voice recorder, vent, WoW voice, etc, etc, do not work. Earphones are excellent, including the outside noise cancellation. But if i wanted headphones, i would have purchased headphones. I wanted the mic for Vent and gaming, which is what i was led to believe this headset is for.

After reviewing other similiar posts online, I am convinced that this headset is an utter lemon. I will be returning it to the store i purchased it at and will be going with a competitor's brand.

Sorry logitech, this was my first time out with you. Sadly, also my last.

-J-

Logi Nu
vhallowner

My Logitech headset died in the middle of meeting # 3 with my new business group.  The mic no longer works.  Is this just a bad product?  Will the company take care of this?  It's only been used two times.
Logi Nu
metro1

Hello as you've figured out , my mic doesn't work either. I am asking you about solution because I use ventrilo for online gaming but that is because the group pays for a client server license I believe can you help?