Logi Nu
PANiC

Headset isnt working.

Hi,

My logitech headset's microphone doesnt seem to be working. I have googled and googled, looked through these forums and cant find anything to fix the problem.  The headset works fine, just not the microphone. I tried using it with windows XP on my old computer (without knowing about those tutorials that are in these forums) but now i am trying to use it on my vista laptop and it doesnt work. The headset didnt come with any drivers or a cd or anything. So i have no idea whats wrong at all. The headset is called 'Logitech Premium Stereo'.

Please help

Thanks.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Re: Headset isnt working.

Hi,

Your headset connects to your sound card, so the headset does not need drivers, your sound card does.

Did the headset work in XP? You didn't say one way or the other.

Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Nu
PANiC

no, it didnt. But at that time i did not know about the tutorials you have made so did not make any effort to fix it.

Logi Nu
PANiC

I also just googled how to update a sound card driver and tried to update them on my laptop but it says that they are all up to date so i dont think its the sound card driver.

Logi Nu
suem

I'm having the same problem. All my drivers are up to date, and I do have a Vista machine. I purchased the ClearChat Stereo headset about a month ago, and it has worked until now.  Once the microphone stopped functioning, I picked up another of the same exact headset. The microphone on this new headset worked for about 5 hours before it mysteriously stopped working again.