Logi Browser
LoneStar1

Logitech G35 Headset Setup

New G35 headset sounds great but have a setup questions.

With the G35 software loaded and the G35 plugged in to a usb port, I cannot get any sound from my external speakers. I would like to have sound from my external speakers when not using the G35 headset.

Do I need to unplug the G35 when not in use or do I need to change my default settings in window each time I need to switch? Or is there an easier method to switch between headset and external speakers.

System-

Vista Home Premium x64

Creative xFi extreme video card

Logitech x530 5.1 Speaker system

Logitech G35 headset 

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Re: Logitech G35 Headset Setup

Hi lon,

You have to go to Control Panel/Sounds and change the default audio device.

There is no "auto switch" that is reliable in the OS. USB devices are essentailly "always on" to the OS , so a manual switch needs to be performed.

Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Browser
LoneStar1

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the very fast reply. The manual switch procedure works. Really not that difficult. Just left click the speaker icon in the system tray (lower right), select Playback Devices, and change the default back to Speakers.

So far I really like the G35 Headset. The sound I get is crystal clear. Sound is equal to or better than the sound through my external amp and speakers.

Thanks, LoneStar

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Happy to help.

A tip for this is to copy the sound shortcut to the desktop. I am in that app all day long and it really saves time.

Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Nu
Keovar

There is no need to create a shortcut, since you have one by right-clicking the volume icon in the system tray. Of course, a separate shortcut can have a hotkey assigned to it, but without a way to hotkey the device swap, you may as well be clicking.