Logi Nu
FJota

Logitech G35 and Mac

Hi, 

I've seen that most of the new G-series is going to be compatible with Mac, but not the g35 Headsets. Is it a chance to have drivers for it in the near future? I'm really dissapointed, I've been looking forward it since it was announced and hoped Mac users would be lucky.

Thank you

Logi Nu
dbcollier

Re: Logitech G35 and Mac

[ Edited ]
I just got mine yesterday, and I can confirm that it does function on an Intel MacBook Pro running Leopard 10.5.7.  The G1 button acts as "Next Track" in iTunes, G2 is Play/Pause, and G3 is "Rewind/Previous Track".  Volume control and mute both work.  HOWEVER, I just finished testing with a friend on Ventrilo 3.0.5, and the mic output is "unbelievably bad" according to my friend.  When I switched the headset to a Windows PC it was "as clear as I've ever heard you"...so, not so great all-around on a Mac.  I have not yet experimented with surround sound or any ability to reprogram the G buttons, but as there is no Mac software available I'm not too hopeful.
Message Edited by dbcollier on 05-16-2009 05:39 PM
Logi Nu
steveleepete

Hey I was wondering if you happen to run BootCamp on your MacBook Pro and whether the G35 Headset functions just as well on BootCamp as it does on an actual Windows machine. I really want these headphones!

Logi Nu
Chekote

How exactly did you get the G35 to work with your Mac? I tried it with my MacBook (running 10.6.2) and nothing works...

Logi Nu
dbcollier

I don't run BootCamp, so I can't say for sure, but since it's booting into Windows I'd guess it would work.

Also, regarding what I did to get it to work - I didn't do anything at all.  No drivers, no Logitech software, nothing.  I also just re-tried the headset on my MBP now that I'm running 10.6.2 and it seems considerably happier in terms of outgoing voice quality in Ventrilo.  I'll have to test with friends when I get the chance.

jz2
Logi Nu
jz2

[ Edited ]

Chekote wrote:

How exactly did you get the G35 to work with your Mac? I tried it with my MacBook (running 10.6.2) and nothing works...

On the Mac:

* System Preferences

* Sound

* Output (Input)

* Choose G35 manually

Logi Nu
MassQuesti

Yeah I was bummed when I first started reading about the lack of Mac drivers.... umm but I plugged them in and they work flawlessly under 10.5.8...

I do know that somethimes the mac's usb ports differ for audio peripherals, try different ports, some may not provide power as well under certain system power profiles.

Logi Nu
ntgCleaner

I bought the G35 to play all of the newest games on my amazing PC at home. They work amazingly well and I do not have the "high pitch noise in the right ear" problem at all.  I brought them to work to listen to some music and I work on a PowerPC G5 on v 10.5.8. 

I plugged the headphones in and they.. work..  after I switched it manually.  You do get the regular stereo sound from any other headphone, but the difference is in two places;  1.  The bass is WEAK compared to a PC.  The software you can install for the headphones allows you to tun up the bass independantly of the treble and it does not get distorted at all.  2.  You do not get the Dolby Surround support without the software for windows.  I was listenning to these headphones last night on my PC and they do synthesize the 7.1 pretty well.  No where near what I would imaging the Psyko 5.1's will sound like but still, very well done.  I felt that, everytime I switched a song or came out of a game, that I was disturbing the neighbors because of the small 'room echo' they put on there. 

With these headphones on a PC, it is easy to imagine the artist you're listenning to, to be standing right infront of you with their instruments around them.  On a Mac, it's just another nice pair of headphones.

Logi Nu
Definity

I'm on a 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MBP running 10.6.2. 

the only thing that works is the volume. it turns up or down the mac's speakers...

The good news is, i run XP with BootCamp and the head set works great.

Maybe they will release mac drivers soon.

Logi Browser
asbjornu

I just bought G35 and I can confirm that the buttons work, but they're not programmable in any way due to the complete lack of software. With G9 in my hand as well, not having any Mac support for the G series from Logitech is a real bummer. I hate that Logitech is treating Mac owners as second class citizens. :smileysad:

He's a loathsome, offensive brute, yet I can't look away