Logi Nu
ISO90012008

Logitech USB Headset Volume Too Low in Voice Applications

Hi,

I have a Logitech Stereo USB Headset 250. My problem is the volume is way too low to be useful in any voice applications.

THE REALLY FRUSTRATING PART IS WHEN I USE THE HEADSET FOR PLAYBACK IN MUSIC APP'S (eg. Windows Media Player or Realplayer), THE HEADPHONES ARE PLENTY LOUD.  I need to TURN DOWN the volume (using the Windows Volume control in the taskbar) to avoid hurting my ears. BUT IN VOICE APP'S, I CAN BARELY HEAR ANYTHING.

(I've read the sticky posting on Logitech Forums "How to setup a USB Headset in Windows XP")

In Sounds and Audio Devices, Logitech USB Headset is selected in all Sound playback and recording drop downs in both Audio and Voice tabs.

I've tried just about every combination of headset / sound card imaginable in the Audio and Voice tabs drop downs, including the default configuration (obtained when I first plug in the headset and the Found New Hardware wizard installs the Logitech USB Headset).

I've made sure that all devices are shown (per the Properties page in each Volume control), that nothing is muted, and that volume on all devices are turned up to maximum.

When I use the Test Hardware utilitiy in the Voice tab, the green indicators flash at a very low level - in both the send and receive meters - and I can only hear my voice when I yell!

I've found the same thing (volume is too low) using the headset in all the following voice app's:

• Logitech Quickcam Pro for Notebooks
• Windows Sound Recorder
• Windows Live Messenger
• Dragon Naturally Speaking

And the problem is NOT that there is no signal. The signal is there, it's just too low to be useful. For example:

--- When I record a sound file in Sound Recorder using the headset, the meters barely move. I can hear the recording on playback, only if I click on "Increase Volume by 25%" several times in a row.

--- I can record a test call in Skype using the headset, but I can barely hear the recorded message when it plays back. Oddly. the meters in the Skype | Options Audio tab show sound levels up to about 80%-90% of maximum for both record and playback.

I get good sound levels using my Logitech webcam ONLY by using the Quickcam microphone and my soundcard / external speakers. But I get echo (this is why I bought a headset!) When I use the headset, the volume is too low.

I've tried to fix the problem by doing all the following:

1) Turning up the volume to maximum in all volume controls in Sounds and Audio Devices (and ensured that all devices are showing per the Properties controls, and that everything is unmuted.)
2) Unistalled the headset (both USB audio device and USB composite device) in Device Manager, rebooted, and reinstalled the headset successfully.
3) Uninstalled, rebooted, and re-installed the latest audio application and drivers from ASUS (Soundmax).
4) Launched and turned up the volume to maximum in all my voice apps. Closed them down and retried to use them.

Please HELP!!!

Thanks,

Geoff

P.S. I'm running Windows XP SP3, with the latest updates installed. My motherboard is an ASUS P4P800-VM with 1.0 G RAM.

Logi Nu
carquote

Re: Logitech USB Headset Volume Too Low in Voice Applications

[ Edited ]

I am having the exact same issue. I am getting very low volume in Team Speak, yet the volume in other programs is fine. I am running Windows 7 x64 and have tried the same attempted fixes as the orignal poster, as well as running the program as the administrator. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Logi Nu
aerfurth

Hi,

have same problem at Win 7 x64 ultimate. Volume very too low in Teamspeak. Hope for help.

greetings

Logi Nu
Epoch18

Why is no one at Logitech answering these questions??

These headsets (Premium USB 350) work great on ANY system that I plug them into, except those with Win7 64-bit. All of the vocal frequencies are almost completely inaudible, even at max volume. This goes for music, as well as voice applications such as Skype, Ventrilo, and TeamSpeak. 

I see all sorts of posts with similar questions, and none of them are being answered by Logitech. 

What is going on?

Taylarie

Please note that these forums are meant to be a Peer to Peer assistance forum. In other words, other people assist others with their experiences and knowledge of products. You will find some Support Representatives from time to time but they are not mandated to offer assistance.