Logi Nu
mordin

Microphone not working. Vista home premium, Gateway laptop.

Hi just yesterday i bought one of your headsets and it worked for about 10 minutes until i noticed the microphone didnt pick up any sound, i went to the sound>recording panel and made sure it was my default device and still no sound, i also followed your default "Headset and vista problem" thread and the test didnt work, it wouldnt pick up sound, plase ive tried everything, is there anything you can do to help (Im not sure what the model is but its a pretty small headset with interchangable plates on the earphone, blue black and red)

Help is really appreciated :smileyhappy:
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Re: Microphone not working. Vista home premium, Gateway laptop.

Hi mor,
I think this could be the ClearChat Style, an analog headset.
I take it there is no issue with hearing through the headphone portion. The headset plugs in to your sound card. On your laptop, there is probably a microphone built in. There is an in-line control pod on the cord. Make sure the mic is not muted there. Try using the built in mic to see if the sound card mic function is working.

Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Nu
mordin

Yes acutally i do have a built in mic and it does work, its absolutely terrible though wich is why i wanted a headset and the earphones do work i can hear sound through the headset, the line cord is not muted i checked that several times :smileytongue: In case your wondering im using a Gateway FX series laptop

thanks for the reply
Mike_M

Hi mor,
Your issue could be that the mic is defective, or the jack on the mic in on the laptop is defective. Do you have another computer to try the headset on?
Thank you for your post.

You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Nu
mordin

[ Edited ]
Well i plugged it into another computer and tried the voice recording and it worked on that one, does this mean my computer is defective? But ive had other microphones work on it before and this one worked for the first 10 minutes :smileysad:

And just by the way the computer i used to test it was a sony vaoi laptop running on windows XP, and it dosnt have a built in mic

Message Edited by mordin on 07-19-2008 09:44 AM
Mike_M

Hi mor,
Well if the headset works on another computer, it looks like the mic jack on the sound card could be defective. It is a function of use. there is a spring clip that makes contact on th 3.5mm plug, and that spring can lose its tension. There are ways to get around it, but you might take it to a shop just to get  an opinion.

Thank you for your post.

You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Nu
LoganBentley

I have the same problem on my computer it is not a laptop its a desktop it stopped working randomly after about 2 weeks.
Logi Nu
LoganBentley

Except it dosent work on a different computer.