RKB
Logi Nu
RKB

My Logitech USB Headset A-0374A does not work at all on Vista

I own a Logitech USB Headset A-0374A, and it worked fine on my old computer running on XP. I bought a new Dell Laptop running on Vista, and the computer doesn't even pick up that the headset when it's attached. The headset doesn't work. I can't even find it in the Control Panel, under "Sounds" and then under the Playback tab. When I plug the headset into the USB jack, the computer at least beeps, as it does when I plug anything else into the USB port, but it doesn't do anything more to recognize the headest hardware.

Any idea why my headset is not working at all with Vista???

Thanks,
Kirk
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Re: My Logitech USB Headset A-0374A does not work at all on Vista

Hi kirk,
Have you applied the updates to your Vista OS from Microsoft. You do understand the issue is with the OS and not the headset? If the driver is not there in Vista you will see this behavior.
Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
RKB
Logi Nu
RKB

Yes, but where do I get the driver and how do I load it into Vista???

Thanks for your help!
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Hi, The driver comes from the OS. I would hazard a guess that you have not turned on Automatic Updates in windows or have not installed downloaded updates. You might call Dell for advice on how to update your OS.
Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Nu
karent

I also have a Logitech USB Headset A-0374A and initially it did not work in Vista. I downloaded all of the Windows Vista updates. My device did appear under the "Hardward and Sound" in the control panel, but did not work. After selecting "Sound" and then under the Playback tab, I had to right-click the Headset Earphone and "set as Default device." Also under the Recording Tab, I had to right-click Headset Microphone and "set as Default device." It is now working in Vista.

Karen

Logi Nu
buddhalovesyou

Yes, i might be able to help you. i have the same headset and i just recently upgraded to windows vista. and it didn't work either so i went and right clicked on the little sound thingy and go to playback devices and then a little window will come up and it should have your headset icon there just click on it and at the bottom of the screen hit set default and then at the top go to recording and do the same and it should work i had restart my computer for the changes to take effect but it worked for me.. if this doesn't work then i will advise doing updates and seeing if that helps.