Logi Nu
Cuff

No sound with USB Headset

[ Edited ]
It's nothing special, just a mic I bought from Wal-Mart couple months back.
Model Number:
Logitech - CANADA ICES-003 CLASS B
R/N : A-0060A
Document P/N : 644600-0000
Basically, I get no sound through the headphones but the actually device you talk into works. Normally I use it on teamspeak and online games and stuff like that. I talk into it, the people can hear what I'm saying, but I can't hear what they're saying. This is the second time that this has happened to my mics and its really getting annoying. I really don't want to buy another so any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Message Edited by Cuff on 02-09-200704:09 PM

Logi Nu
wolfbrother

Re: No sound with USB Headset

i have the same problem. i was trying to play Sly Copper 2 and i could not hear anything. i thought it might by a short so i started feeling along the cord. The circle part where you turn the volume up and down is where the problem is. if i shake it it starts to work, but then if it moves again it quits working. i have not abused it at all. i bought it over a year ago and used it a bit to play star wars battlefront on. But mainly it sat next to my ps2. I don't know how to fix it and the warrenty is up. so if some one could help i would appreciate it.

Thanks
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mona

Welcome to the New Logitech Community Forums Cuff and wolfbrother. :smileyhappy:

Cuff, I would suggest that you try selecting Logitech Headphones as your preffered choice of sound playeback. Please follow the steps below.

1. Go to Control Panel.
2. Click on Sound and Audio Devices
3. Select the Audio tab
4. Select sound playback as Logitech Headset and sound recording as Logitech Microphone
5. Click OK.
6. Test your headset and let me know if it works for you.

Wolfbrother, I would suggest that you contact Logitech Technical Support. Your headset appears to be faulty. If your headset is still under warranty and you have all the required documentation, Logitech will replace your headset for you.

If you require further assistance, please let me know. I will be more than happy to help.
Logi Nu
Cuff

Still not working.
Logi Nu
RmanFlint

go to this thred and see if it will help i think it is vista http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=headsets_general&message.id=842
Logi Nu
Cuff

I'm using Windows XP.
Mona

Hi Cuff,

Try testing your headset on a different computer. Let me know if you encounter similar problems.
Logi Nu
Cuff

Tried that too lol. Hooked it up to my second computer and still no sound :smileysurprised:
Mona

You might have a faulty headset. I would suggest that you contact Logitech Technical Support. If your headset is determined to be faulty. They will advice you on their replacement policies.