Logi Nu
Nemavon

USB Headset has very low volume.

Hello!

I bought this Logitech USB Headset about 6 months ago and it has worked FLAWLESSLY until today. About an hour ago I plugged it into my USB Keyboard as I normally would do and I could barely hear any sound coming from it at all, I've tried mesing around with the volume sliders, I've also tried to put it into other USB ports around my system, but still the sound is very faint. Also the stero I have set up is working fine, the problem has to be with the headset.

I am wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem, I have tried searching around on the web but I've come up with nothing. Please help!

I'm not sure what model the headset is so I am providing a picture of it here: http://img233.imageshack.us/i/dscn0914.jpg/

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Re: USB Headset has very low volume.

Hi,

Don't use a keyboard or monitor USB port. There is a good chance you will have USB power and bandwidth issues.

Plug the headset into a USB port on the computer.

Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Nu
Nemavon

Thanks for the responce,

I have tried to use every USB port on my computer but it still seems to have a very faint sound with every port.

Logi Nu
Joergen

I have a logitech usb 250 headset that suddenly one day the volume was verly low on the headset. Have tried and searched for a solution but nothing worked. Today i found a solution that worked for me.

Try this:

1. Open controlpanel

2. Open sound/playback devices

3. Select Logitech USB Headset, and click on the Properties

4. Opel Levels tab, and click on Balance button

5. Slide one of the sliders so that the values are different, for example top at 100, and bottom at 99

It is a strange solution but as long as it works I´m happy!

Hope it works for you to!

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mike_M

Hi,

This looks like it is a USB driver issue more than a headset problem.

If you have to fiddle with the Sound configuration application then the driver is not working properly.

This would be suspicious if it occurred after an OS update.

You can try using System Restore to go back a few days and see if the problem is gone.

Thank you for your post.

Logitech Customer Support for further assistance.
You can also Email Us

Regards,
Mike
Logi Nu
Derrickvi

I made an account just to thank you.  This solution worked for me in Windows 7 Pro, 32-bit. I changed the balance between my left and right ear so that they were 100 and 99.  I have been trying to get this fixed for hours. Thank you very much. :smileyvery-happy: