Logi Browser
ATCzebra

MX3200 keyboard connect issue

Brand new MX3200. Mouse connects fine. Keyboard does not type, however the "sleep" button seems to work. Tried keyboard and mouse on another computer, same issue.
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mal

Re: MX3200 keyboard connect issue

Hi ATCzebra :smileyhappy:

When you are using sleep button, is the SetPoint software installed and have you tried changing the batteries?
Logi Browser
Wout

[ Edited ]
thats a coincidence
http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=hardware&thread.id=3501

my keyb died on me yesterday

i just tried the sleep button, and it works for me too!! switching batts didnt help, when i try to connect, the light on the receiver blinks but doesnt stay on

tried with and without setpoint

Message Edited by Wout on 06-17-2007 02:47 AM
Logi Browser
ATCzebra

[ Edited ]
It's a brand new Dell computer. I don't know about the software, I can't get past the User Account page on initial setup because I can't type. Yes have changed/reseated batteries several times. Keyboard beeps when connect button is pushed. Message Edited by ATCzebra on 06-17-2007 03:12 AM

Message Edited by ATCzebra on 06-17-2007 03:13 AM
Logi Browser
Wout

[ Edited ]
I have the exact same problem. I just bought a crappy $10 keyboard so I don't have tot use the Onscreen Keyboard anymore.

Yesterday I noticed that my middle mouse button wasn't responding well. Only about 1 in 3 presses registered. During the day the middle button just stopped responding completely. I upgraded my Setpoint from 3.3 to 4.0 to see if that would fix it.

It didn't, so I decided to reconnect my mouse and keyboard to the receiver. The mouse connected fine, but the keyboard didn't.

First I press the connect button on the receiver, and then on the keyboard. The light on the receiver lights up, but as soon as I stop pressing the connect button on the keyboard, the light on the receiver dies down.

I've tried different sets of batteries, and even left them out overnight.

The strange thing is,that although it isn't connected the Sleep button does work! So it seems to be the same problem as ATCzebra has. Only difference is that I have a MX3100

Message Edited by Wout on 06-17-2007 03:36 AM
Logi Browser
ATCzebra

I find it hard to believe that Logitech doesn't know the answer to this.
Logi Browser
ATCzebra

[ Edited ]
By the way, what is Setpoint? The software CD that came with the product? And how does this differ from "Firmware"? Message Edited by ATCzebra on 06-17-2007 03:59 AM

Message Edited by ATCzebra on 06-17-2007 03:59 AM
Logi Browser
Wout

Setpoint is the Logitech Software on Windows.

I have the solutions to our problems!
http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=hardware&message.id=1162

Your keyboard is in secure mode, which means it can't connect without the setpoint software.

If you can complete the initial setup using another keyboard, you can install Setpoint. Press CTRL+ALT+F12 and the secure connect wizard will pop up. You can now connect your keyboard!
Logi Browser
ATCzebra

Thanks man, I'll try that when I get home. Why doesn't Logitech include this information in the packaging? It came from the factory like this and they supply the solution buried in a web FAQ response.
Logi Browser
ATCzebra

[ Edited ]
It worked Wout, thanks !!!!!!!!!!! Logitech - You need to include this information with the packaging. I had to borrow a wired keyboard and then BUY a PS/2 to USB adapter to connect because my new computer had no PS/2 connector because it was built with the anticipation of your wireless keyboard. Bad process.

Message Edited by ATCzebra on 06-18-2007 05:19 AM