Logi Nu
Fraggert

My keyboard won't type.

[ Edited ]
I got a new desk, so I took everything out of my room, and put it all out in the next room to make space for my new desk. After getting my desk in, I hooked all my equipment back up, but my keyboard does not work entirely.

For some reason, not a single key on my keyboard works on its own except for the [F Mode] key and the [Sleep] key. Any key other than that will only work when I press down as many keys at once as I possibly can, which is a bit of a pain, because not only do I have no control over which key is pressed, but I can't control how long it is held. Unfortunately, Logitech no longer sells my keyboard, and I was not able to find the model number (it isn't printed on the keyboard -_-*).

If it is any help, however, it is almost 2 years old, and has scroll and zoom functions on the far left of the keyboard, long with a close window button. It has two keys on the far right above the numpad that open the calculator and put my computer into sleep mode. The f1-f8 keys have special functions (Battery, Word, Excell, PowerPoint, Undo, Redo, Print, Save) and f9-f12 are able to be bound to a function.

Actually, it looks exactly like

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard_mice_combos/devices/162&cl=us,en

except the display in the center has a volume wheel, skip, back, play, pause, and eject keys, along with a few others, and the far left has zoom and scroll functions.

If anyone can help at all, I'd be very grateful.

If you need any more information, just let me know.

Thanks

EDIT:

I managed to stumble upon a picture of the keyboard looking for the software for it. It is the keyboard present in the following picture. Apparently it is the Cordless Desktop MX 3000 Laser.

http://www.buylogitech.com/store/logius/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.11199200

Message Edited by Fraggert on 01-19-2008 02:34 PM
Logi Legend
rlowens

Re: My keyboard won't type.

My first guess would be that your keyboard needs to be re-secured (or unsecured):
See Setting up the Secure Mode feature on an a Logitech Keyboard.

Short description:
Your keyboard is still encrypting the normal keys, but the receiver isn't set to decrypt them.

To fix: Download and install SetPoint from the downloads page. Then, press Ctrl+Shift+F12 on the keyboard and the Secure window should appear. Follow the steps to re-secure your keyboard. If you want to use unsecure mode instead, close the Secure window without entering the security code in the last step.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror