Logi Nu
reallyunhappy

Computer Won't Boot After Keyboard Install Attempt

I attempted to install an LX710 cordless keyboard and mouse with no success.  Now my computer operating system will not start up.  Email and phone call to Logistech support provided no solutions.  Does anyone have any suggestions other than to call Microsoft?  Microsoft charges $35 an hour for tech help.  Seeing as the computer was running before I attempted the install, I think the help should come from Logitech.
Logi Nu
JazzMentor

Re: Computer Won't Boot After Keyboard Install Attempt

I have a similar problem. I installed an LX710 Laser Cordless Desktop keyboard & mouse.
When I try to boot, the computer's BIOS doesn't see any keyboard and won't boot into Windows.
One thing I've found that works is to leave my old wired keyboard plugged into the PS/2 port.
Logi Browser
DarkSentinel

Ok...need just a bit more info...

What kind of computer...Laptop or Desktop?
Is BIOS up to date?
Is BIOS set for USB mouse/keyboard?
What version of Windows?
All Windows updates current?
All drivers current?
Service Pack version (if applicable)?
What is it doing, or not doing? BSOD? If so, what is the stop error? Hanging on boot?

The more info you can supply, the easier it is to troubleshoot.

Remember...the only stupid question, is the one you didn't ask.

http://www.lockergnome.com/darksentinel

Logi Nu
reallyunhappy

For me this is a dead issue.  After two-weeks of trying to get it fixed via Logitech phone support and various web sites, I gave up.  Logitech's answer was to have me download Linex (Linux) software and attempt tp fix the boot file using that software - too hard and complicated.  I tried to recover as much data as possible, cleared the drive and reloaded software.  Also, I returned the Logitech keyboard and mouse to Staples and told the manager they should be very careful about selling this product to the unsuspecting public.  My personal feeling is that Logitech did not do enough research on this product.  My computer was running a Windows XP upgrade of a Windows ME upgrade of Windows 98.  I think this contributed to the failure.