11-15-2008 06:20 AM
I've had a v1 G15 for a few years now (since it was first released). It never gave me any problems until about two months ago, when the LCD started acting oddly. It would occasionally blank out, only to start displaying again some time later. About a month ago, the display stopped working at all. When I'd open up the LCD, it would have data on it (that seemed current), but the screen would blank before I got the LCD completely open, and then the lighting on the keyboard would flicker for some time (until I rebooted).
I figured it might have been an issue where the G15 sodtware got corrupted, so I uninstalled and re-installed. No luck. At some point, I disabled the LCDMon.exe from the Windows XP startup list, and after a reboot the LCD displayed the Logitech logo without any issues (and there's no keyboard backlight flickering).
This has lead me to believe the issue lies with LCDMon.exe, but I can't figure out how to rectify the problem. As I stated, I re-installed the software numerous times (always uninstalling first). This past weekend, my computer went on the fritz, and I ended up reformatting and installing Vista Home Premium 64-bit. Even with the Vista G15 software, I experience the same problem.
11-16-2008 08:00 PM - edited 11-17-2008 10:28 AM
To note, I was also using 2.02.101 under Windows XP Professional before the reformat and reinstall.
Also, not sure if it matters but I'm running SetPoint 4.60 for my MX1000 as well.
11-24-2008 05:16 PM