Logi Nu
Jfinch83

How do I disable the hotkeys on keyboard

Hi I work for a school district and need to Disable the hotkeys (I.E. Media, play/pause mute,Volume,Favorites,email and www)I am using a logitech internet pro model Y-sz49. The kids are launching media player and adjusting the sound while running their program in full screen.
Logi Legend
rlowens

Re: How do I disable the hotkeys on keyboard

You can change the native Windows Media keys some with Tweak UI from Microsoft. Or, you can use KeyTweak or SharpKeys to remap them to some other key, or use AutoHotkey to have them run macros.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Nu
Jfinch83

I've tried a few of those and none of them register the media buttons. I just need to disable them completely not reassign them. I have the logitech Itouch software installed and all that does is allow me to reassign what media player launches when I press the button I was hoping it would have a simple disable feature.
Logi Legend
rlowens

Do those keys work if you uninstall iTouch? If they don't, you've got a solution. If they do, re-try using the above utils to set them to do something trivial.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror