Logi Browser
ohcooldude

Runner file name (LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe lacks a "-" (the app id separator)

Hi!

Whenever I restart my computer I receive the same popup error, "Runner file name (LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe lacks a "-" (the app id separator)." How do I fix this?

Thanks,

Scott
Logi New
startingover04

Re: Runner file name (LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe lacks a "-" (the app id separator)

This is happening to me also, do we have an answer as of yet. This is getting very anoying. I have re-downloaded the software and the updates and this is still happening.

Logi Nu
danman

Re: Runner file name (LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe lacks a "-" (the app id separator)

Just to let you know, I have the same problem with my MX5000 bluetooth,  I also have to pair my keyboard every time I reboot.

I'm still in the process of troubleshooting, and I think I'm getting a handle on it because at one point my keyboard quit working completely (which was what started this mess) .   I did make the mistake of installing ver 2.60 while my keyboard wasn't working, and realized that it was for a "Lazer" not  "Bluetooth",  so I'm not sure if that is what is causing the error message even after I uninstalled it and installed the correct software.
Logi Nu
nathalie

Hi!

Whenever I restart my computer I receive the same popup error, "Runner file name (LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe lacks a "-" (the app id separator)." How do I fix this?

Thanks,

nathalie
Logi Legend
rlowens

I suggest uninstalling Logitech Desktop Messenger. You don't need it: just check for driver updates yourself every once in a while.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Browser
ohcooldude

I attempted uninstalling the Destop Messenger many times, but after accessing the add/remove icon and clicking on the Logitech Desktop Manager, I receive the following message, "An installation support file could not be installed. The system cannot find the file specified." I have already uninstalled all of the other Logitech files I had in the add/remove area. No go.

Scott
Logi Legend
rlowens

Looks like you're missing some file - possibly why you get the error on boot too.

I guess you'll have to disable Desktop Messenger by hand. You'll need to disable its startup command. Click Start->Run, type msconfig and hit enter. Once msconfig opens, click the Startup tab and find the command that runs Desktop Messenger and un-check it.

Reboot and see if the error is gone. If so, I'd go ahead and delete the Logitech Desktop Messenger folder in C:\Program Files, but you can also just leave the files.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Browser
ohcooldude

Thanks Lori!

That did it for me (although I was actually hoping to uninstall it somehow). Hard to believe I'm missing a file when I have the disk. At any rate, thanks for the quick response. FYI, I deleted the files as well.

:smileyhappy:

Scott
Logi New
startingover04

Uninstalling the Logitech Desktop Messenger did it for me, I just kept it uninstalled, I do not have time to see error messages every morning while I am booting up. There are enough messages that I get besides ones that I do not need.

dlm

Logi Browser
ohcooldude

I apoligize for not spelling your name correctly Logi, have a great day!