Logi Nu
Kranis

SetPoint 3.3

After installing SetPoint 3.3 my keyboard (LX 700) is having major problems. If i depress 3 keys at once while typing it adds an extra "jg", and everytime i try to resecure my keyboard the connect button rarely works (tried 30 times, only worked once, and thats restarting the secure sequence). Also, everytime I hold Ctrl+Shift together, the secure window comes up (it's supposed to be Ctrl+Shift+F12). When securing does work it shows the last key straight out, and that key decides what goes after "j" when 3 keys are depressed while typing (ie: last letter in secure sequence is a A, it'll be "ja", if its G, its "jg"). This problem only occured when I let logitech finally update the software to SetPoint 3.3.

How can I solve this issue, or downgrade my SetPoint?
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mal

Re: SetPoint 3.3

Welcome to the Logitech Online User Discussion Forum Kranis  :smileyhappy:

Please let me know whether the same problem occurs when you test the keyboard in embedded mode as stated in this link and post your results here. Thanks!
Logi Nu
saury316

[ Edited ]
I am having the same propblems as your describe with my Logitech MX 3100 keyboard...its is reallllly annoying....oh another problem is that even though the software is up to date, the automatic logitech software checker says there is an update and it keeps redownloading and wanting to install it...GAH!!!

Message Edited by saury316 on 02-27-200709:23 AM

Logi Nu
Kranis

saury316 wrote:
I am having the same propblems as your describe with my Logitech MX 3100 keyboard...its is reallllly annoying....oh another problem is that even though the software is up to date, the automatic logitech software checker says there is an update and it keeps redownloading and wanting to install it...GAH!!!

Message Edited by saury316 on 02-27-200709:23 AM

Yea, I also have that problem too, everytime I start up the computer the logitech software says there is an update, and downloads something and installs it. That also only started when I let it install SetPoint 3.3. But i'll try the other embedded mode, however, does embedded mode allow the use of the extra keys that I want to keep (media control, presets etc)?
Mal

saury316 wrote:
the automatic logitech software checker says there is an update and it keeps redownloading and wanting to install it...GAH!!!

For this issue, you may try removing the Logitech Desktop Messenger from Add or Remove program and see whether you still get the notification.
Mal

Kranis wrote:
Yea, I also have that problem too, everytime I start up the computer the logitech software says there is an update, and downloads something and installs it. That also only started when I let it install SetPoint 3.3. But i'll try the other embedded mode, however, does embedded mode allow the use of the extra keys that I want to keep (media control, presets etc)?

Kranis, trying uninstalling the Logitech Desktop Messenger from your system. In regards to the embedded mode , you can still use the hotkeys but would not be able to assign other function to the keys on your device.

When we use the keyboard in embedded mode and it works well there, then there might be some issues with the system or the software installed for the device. How did the device work in embedded mode for you?
Logi Nu
Spoffy2

Kranis wrote:
After installing SetPoint 3.3 my keyboard (LX 700) is having major problems. If i depress 3 keys at once while typing it adds an extra "jg", and everytime i try to resecure my keyboard the connect button rarely works (tried 30 times, only worked once, and thats restarting the secure sequence). Also, everytime I hold Ctrl+Shift together, the secure window comes up (it's supposed to be Ctrl+Shift+F12). When securing does work it shows the last key straight out, and that key decides what goes after "j" when 3 keys are depressed while typing (ie: last letter in secure sequence is a A, it'll be "ja", if its G, its "jg"). This problem only occured when I let logitech finally update the software to SetPoint 3.3.

How can I solve this issue, or downgrade my SetPoint?

I have been dealing with the exact same issues with Setpoint 3.3 which I upgraded for my LX 700 wireless keyboard and mouse. I use various Graphics programs that require three and four key combinations. I would get the secure screen for the keyboard coming up every time I hit Ctrl + Shift. It was a nuisance to say the least. I shut off Setpoint altogether so I could get back to work. I missed the extra functionality so I just downgraded to Setpoint 3.1, which was a slight challenge to find at first.

It'a obviously an issue with the new version of Setpoint and its shortcut for keyboard security.
Logi Apprentice
shieber

I tried to install it and setpoint 3.1 still shows up when I double click on the setpoint icon on the task bar. Do Ihave to go into safe mode to uninstall 3.1 before installing setpint 3.3?
Mal

shieber wrote:
I tried to install it and setpoint 3.1 still shows up when I double click on the setpoint icon on the task bar. Do Ihave to go into safe mode to uninstall 3.1 before installing setpint 3.3?
You can uninstall the the SetPoint 3.1 from the Add or Remove Programs and if this does not work, you can remove it in Safe Mode.
Logi Apprentice
shieber

It looks like I will have to manually remove it. Is there a list of registry keys and directories that need to be removed? Or even better a reg file that removes all the registry entries?