Logi Browser
kochkramer

DiNovo Edge connection problem

Hi!
First of all this keyboard is great the feel and looks of it makes it absolutely perfect for me! =)
But because im writing here there is a problem.
 The problem is like the topic describes my keyboard looses it connection and I have to reconnect it or turning it off and then turn it on again,
 this is the only bluetooth device I have attached to my comp and as far as I know my motherboard dont have any bluetooth capabilites.
 I never installed any program for the Bluetooth dongle that came with the keyboard, I just pluged it in and win XP did its job.
 I have tryed just moving the dongle to another USB port with the same results. So far the only times I can recall the keyboard loosing its
 connection is when im playing World Of Warcraft.
So is it my keyboard/dongle that is faulty or is it WoW that is causing it?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Greets/Martin
Logi Nu
WhiteRabbit

Re: DiNovo Edge connection problem

I am running into the very same issue with my Dinovo Edge keyboard while playing World of Warcraft. Every time I play the game, the keyboard frequently freaks out and repeats a certain keypress. Usually it is my movement keys for my character like up, down, left and right. It does this for a various amount of time, usually 10-20 seconds before I can type anything else again. It happened the other night while I was in chat and I noticed it is actually repeating a random key I press over and over for a certain amount of time like this: dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd. I've tried different setpoints (3.10 & 3.15) versions, different usb slots, and having only the keyboard plugged into my usb ports, nothing works. I love the keyboard and how it feels, I simply cannot stand the way it loses control though. I may have to return it.

System: XP X64 Professional
Setpoint: 3.10 (x64 version)

Please help!

Logi Browser
kochkramer

I might have a solution for you. I called the Swdeish Logitech support and I told them that a keyboard that cost so much that it can feed a child in Africa for several months shouldnt do like that and he agreed and became very helpfull :smileytongue:

I downloaded the 3.15BT that shouldnt support this keyboard, but it does. And it does it better then 3.10 at least thats my experince, the problem wasnt gone but it happend a lot less
Anyways the support guy told me to do a cleanboot and then install Setpoint again, because some programs (in my case i belive it was Norton) may cause the installation to become corrupt.
And so far I havent had any problems since I did the cleanboot and installed 3.15BT.
I dont know if there is support for XP X64 on Setpoint BT. But you might as well give it a try!

I hope that it can help you!

Greets/Martin 

Logi Nu
WhiteRabbit

I actually tried installing the 3.15 version to see if that would help and it didn't change much.
Logi Browser
kochkramer

Was it the BT version or regular version? Because the keyboard has BT I cant understand why they have included the regular version...
Logi Visitor
ByronHinson

Same problem with me here with Windows Vista and the latest drivers. Every now and then on returning from sleep or whatever pressing a key will keep it down (not physically) until I press another, then the same over and over again. The only way for me to properly fix it is to pull out the Bluetooth USB stick (Logitech one) and then reconnect it as just turning off the keyboard doesn't fix the problem. Very very annoying, so much so I'm considering returning the keyboard as I feel its more of a fault in either the board or the usb bluetooth.
Logi Nu
WhiteRabbit

Ok, I recently switched to Vista this weekend and the issue STILL occurs. I installed the 3.3 vista setpoint drivers thinking it may be better but it didnt change a thing. I also went out and bought a $30 USB pci port card, thinking perhaps it's my motherboards onboard USB slots that are making it whack out. Nope. It still friggin happens. I've now spent way too **bleep** much for this keyboard that shouldn't be giving me these kind of problems in the first place. Drives me nuts because in world of warcraft I'll be in a instance with a group and my character will suddenly just start running uncontrollably into mobs and whatever. It's really pissing me off. I know for a fact it isn't my pc setup causing this. Fix it already Logitech!

Logi Nu
JanNoetland

This is still a problem with SetPoint 4.24 and Vista. The keyboard looses connection a couple of seconds every 5 - 10 minutes or so. Sometimes the connection disapears for several seconds until the BT and battery lights blink.
Any hints?
(In fact it happened again right now when I was just going to hit the Submit button. Very anoying)
Logi Nu
WhiteRabbit

[ Edited ]
I managed to get mine to work a little better by using USB ports in the front of my case instead of the back ones. I still lose connection from time to time, but at least 98% of the time it works ok now. I have the little dongle sticking out the front and it looks ugly, but at least I'm not losing connection every few minutes.

Message Edited by WhiteRabbit on 01-17-2008 03:10 PM