Logi Nu
Dakkar

How to use a Logitech BT Mini-Receiver as a BT dongle

Hello,

I would like to use a Logitech BT Mini-Receiver to connect my bluetooth mobile phone to the computer.
I would like to do it *without* using the Logitech Di Novo Media Desktop Laser that I have.
I tried to install the WIDCOMM bluetooth stack, but I ALWAYS have a red bluetooth icon. It always says that I don't have any bluetooth hardware installed.
I tried on several computers (4) and I didn't solve my problem.
I want' to install the BT receiver without using the Logitech devices.

In My Computer->Properties->Device Manager I have "Bluetooth Bus Enumerator" (with the WIDCOMM driver), a "Generic USB Hub" (referring to Logitech BT Mini-Receiver) and a "USB Human Interface Device" (always referring to Logitech BT Mini-Receiver).

What am I missing? Why isn't the icon becoming green? Why it says that it doesn't find any Bluetooth Hardware?
Please help me!!!

Thank you,
Dakkar
Logi Rook
Pythagoras

Re: How to use a Logitech BT Mini-Receiver as a BT dongle

Logitech constructed not just bluetooth receiver. It is keyboard and mouse with spicial function: bluetooth dongle. When at startup windows asks receiver it answers that it is keyboard and mouse (if connected). I think it is very good because you can take keyboard or mouse anywhere without any drivers. When Logitech software installed driver sends to receiver special command and receiver changes mode and becomes universal bluetooth hub. So You have to install Logitech driver (SetPoint) on computer, if you want your receiver work as bluetooth hub. Or ask Logitech about this special command and develop your minidriver for only receier :smileywink:.
Logi Browser
Wiriza01

I ran into the same problem, and after much effort in reinstalling the drivers I now have the Green BT Icon. 

I wish I could tell you what actually corrected the problem but only know that after repeated attempts in removing the broadcom drivers (and Setpoint)  and reinstalling it just worked....

Basically I removed software.  DL latest setpoint (80 some megs) and removed the generic hub from Device manager.  I tried this for about a day, and gave up.  Tried the setup the next day only to be amuzed by the fact that everything I had done the day prior was now working.

I wish I could tell you that the your problems will stop here...but at least the BT will be green.

note:  after the drivers were installed (with the latest version I thought) I was able to update the bus enumerator via update drivers in device Man.

Also I am running xp 64 so hope drivers will mature (not that much seems to be different w/ xp 32)

Logi Nu
Dakkar

Mmm...

Ok... I will try again ang again hoping it will work. I will let you know if I have success!!!

I have another question: can I use the new Logitech BT Mini-Receiver provided with the DiNovo Media Desktop "Laser" to connect a old DiNovo Media Desktop?

Thank you,

Dakkar

Logi Nu
skoegler

My keyboard and media device are working fine with the latest drivers from Logitech, but there is no bluetooth device in the device manager. I am trying to connect my smartphone but there are no controls to let me manage the bluetooth connection. In addition, when I try to config the EasySync app, I get a msg "Please reinstall the applicaitn and the Bluetooth driver that came together."  I understand that SetPoint is the bluetooth driver, and I've installed the current download.  But I don't see that in my programs or control panel either.

What am I missing?

Logi Nu
jester

skoegler,

Were you ever able to pair your phone with your pc via this BT dongle?

Thanks,
Jesse

Logi Nu
Omario

I've been over forums for an hour now trying to solve this problem.. when i came across a very easy and simple solution, I just got the new Logitech DiNivo Edge, and i spent a handsome bulk of money for this beast, but when i found out that the dongle doesnt act as a BT reciever i was nothing but pissed..

so heres what i found out:

from my past hour of what was seemingly pointless surfing with my hand on my cheek i found out that there are two modes the dongle works in. Embedded and HCI. and by default the embedded is working.. which emulates a USB device so it seems to your PC that your using a normal USB mouse/keyoard.. so i was looking for a way to get the other mode to work by reading tutorials\installing drivers and what not... with no luck

so i was reading comments on one of the many "How-to" 7+ page tutorials and one person (Credit goes to him) wrote if you hold the little red Button on the USB BT mini-receiver it will enable the other mode, i took the BT dongle out pushed the button and plugged it back in, i held it for about 5 seconds.

and guess what... It worked!

hope this works for all of you... a simple solution to a stupid problem... and logitech could have prevented this inconvenience by documenting this information somewhere...

~omar