Logi Browser
Crotia

Left arrow key gets "stuck" (not physically)

Hi, at random times, when I'm typing, my computer gets stuck receiving the left arrow key, and nothing I do stops it from being recieved. All my other keys get sent normally, despite the fact that if I'm trying to type a message the cursor keeps moving to the left and I can't type words that make sense :smileyfrustrated:

I am using the MX5000 Bluetooth desktop.

Also, my mouse at random times stops responding for approx. 30 seconds.

However, these two events randomly occur at the same time.

If theres any way to fix this please let me know.

Thanks

PS: Set Point 3.15.231
Logi Browser
lotherius

Re: Left arrow key gets "stuck" (not physically)

I am having the same problem with my new Cordless Desktop S510... It doesn't use Bluetooth, but it has the exact same symptom you are experiencing. It appears to be a driver issue, as problems continue even if I pull the batteries from the keyboard. Windows acts as if someone is holding down the left arrow key.

The only reference I have seen to something like this is in the logitech faq it suggests that some wireless routers on the 2.4ghz frequency may interfere. I am using a 2.4ghz router, are you as well perhaps?
Logi Browser
Crotia

Hmm, interesting.

However, I am not using a router of any sort, I am using a 2.4GHZ phone.

But I don't think it should interfere considering bluetooth and WiFi are different?
Logi Legend
rlowens

The "Left Arrow Stuck" problem is a known issue. It is usually noticed when running Firefox. If you can reproduce it reliably, that would help Logitech fix the problem.

For now, the solution is to close and restart SetPoint (from the System Tray or via Ctrl+Alt+Delete), or restart your PC.

Links:
MX-610 and keyboard problem
Wierd Left Arrow Problem with S 510 Desktop
Really odd issue with my G5.
MX1000 and MX3000 Cordless Desktop
Back arrow problem with MX3200
LX7 wierd scrolling problem

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Browser
lotherius

I do use firefox.. The problem happens to me about once per day, but I'm not sure exactly what triggers it.

Closing setpoint isn't really possible due to the nature of windows when the left arrow is constantly being pressed - you can't stay on the processes tab long enough to select anything on it. Any information I could provide to help Logitech fix the problem I would be willing to do so, however.

I had considered the (slight) possibility that it was due to my using an LX7 mouse on the receiver that came with the S510 Media Desktop, rather than the LX5 that was included, so I've switched over to the LX5 to see if there is any difference.
Logi Rook
slaman

Haha - this happened to me once as well... I just reboot and haven't seen the problem since.
Logi Legend
rlowens

I'm pretty sure it isn't a hardware problem as I've seen it happen on 4 different systems with 5 different Logitech hardware sets (MX1000 mouse, S510 keyboard and remote with LX5 mouse, MX Revolution mouse, MX518 mouse, and MediaPlay mouse).

I can end the task with Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), but it takes a lot of clicking and tabbing.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Browser
Recca

I have basically the same problem too. Is the problem with the mouse also a know issue? As the OP said it just randomly stops working. Any of the buttons will still work but moving the position of the mouse won't do anything for about 30 seconds.
Logi Legend
rlowens

I'm not familiar with a known problem with the cursor getting frozen for ~30 seconds at a time.

Logi Browser
alamarco2

I'm also experiencing this issue and was directed to this thread. I don't have a solution, but an easier way of stopping the left arrow issue is to unplug the device from your PC and replug it in. This way instead of having to restart your PC and lose your work, you can continue doing what you doing. I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. Hopefully Logitech will figure something out and correct this problem. It's kind of annoying, especially when it happens often.