Logi Nu
SiqMawsh

Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5000

[ Edited ]
I have problems with this product now since I am using a corded usb keyboard and mouse.

Every single time I install setpoint it installs successfully and I reboot. Once I log in it performs the Bluetooth connection wizard which NEVER connects my mouse or keyboard, it just keeps saying "let's restart your mouse/keyboard".
I have tried everything I know including going through the registry and getting rid of anything Logitech. Fresh installs and uninstalls, deleteing the driver and software and uninstalling the device for the hub, nothing works. The Bluetooth wireless hub never installs correctly as windows finds a stupid driver for it by itself, are there even any bluetooth drivers in the Setpoint package?

Also after I close the Bluetooth wizard I try to manually connect devices, the devices dont even show, even though in my device manager it says Logitech Bluetooth mouse etc.. Sometimes when the keyboard supposedly connects(but doesnt work), I will click "Show Bluetooth devices", my keyboard will be there, but it doesnt show it as connected, only when i press a key on the keyboard does it quickly show up as connected then is disconnected again.

I have only successfully installed Setpoint properly working 100%(minus the random disconnections), twice out of at least 100 tries to install it.

This is by far the worst Logitech product I have ever owned.

Running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

Any ideas or thoughts appreciated.

Message Edited by SiqMawsh on 04-29-200708:28 PM

Message Edited by SiqMawsh on 04-29-200708:38 PM

Logi Nu
DCARD1

Re: Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5000

I am experiencing similar if not the exact same issue. I spoke with support this morning and they told me to reset the receiver. " press and hold reset button on recevier for 10 seconds, while continuing to hold connect it to the USB port, continue to hold for an additional 10seconds". I haven't had a chance to try this yet as I am at work. I'll try it tonight and let you know.

My problem has been when I connect the receiver to the USB it is not recognized at all. The device manager shows a bluetooth mouse and key board connected to a ps/2 port but obviously I am connected to a USB. Somew how it see the wired keyboard and mouse as the wireless bluetooth device after installing the software. I also have unistalled the software and the device manager still shows logitech as the mouse and keyboard. Strange!!!!!

If tech support reviews this forum any help you can offer would be great. When I had the mx5000 connected to my XP PC I had no problems at all the devices work perfectly. Very frustrating especially for a $115.00 keyboard and mouse

Logi Nu
SiqMawsh

I don't really see how that would fix the problem because it still wouldn't find the driver for "BT Mini-Receiver", but I will try this later tonight for sure, anything is worth a try.
Logi Nu
JugglingOgre

Ive got the same/similar problem with my mx5000. My mx1000 mouse is working fine though.

Everything was going fine until last night when I said "yes" to a logitech popup asking if I wanted to update.
It installed a firmware update on the bluetooth controller and since then I cannot get a connection.

If I check the status, it says I have both the mouse and the keyboard connected yet I cannot use the keyboard.
I did get a message earlier saying that the keyboard rejected the pairing....HUH???

As others have done, I've uninstalled, re-installed, blah blah blah.

I'm currently downloading setpoint 3.3 as the native one that came on the disk is 2.4 or some similar.

Hopefully this is fixed soon or my combo will be going back.  I have not been happy with it since I got it.

Cheers and good luck fixing your 5000's!

Pete