Logi Browser
geezerette

cannot install driver for usb mini-receiver

I've been working for two days to get my machine to install a driver for the mini-receiver.  I installed SetPoint, bluetooth, downloaded the update, installed it, and still can't get a connection between keyboard, mouse and receiver.  Any help?  Thanks.
Logi Rook
smlee

Re: cannot install driver for usb mini-receiver

Try these...

Uninstall your setpoint and bluetooth software, and just connect the keyboard/mouse as is. This connection should work. If it doesn't.. try this:

Connect your keyboard/mouse to another computer/laptop that has a built-in bluetooth solution (or you can just use any non-logitech bluetooth usb dongle) and see if it works. You will need to pair these devices through the bluetooth software. Make sure your logitech dongle is plugged out when you're doing this. If this works, then you might be having hardware problems with your logitech dongle.

the bluetooth usb dongle is very power demanding, so make sure you plug it to a back panel usb port of your desktop. If you're using it on a laptop, ensure that your laptop's power is always plugged in when using the dongle. I'm not sure whether this'll help, but yeah.

Once again, if you're using an MX5000 and u bought it before september 2006, i recommend you request a warranty replacement. There are hardware fixes to that device.
geezerette

Re: cannot install driver for usb mini-receiver

THanks for the help.  I've tried and it doesn't work.  I did find out searching through my computer that Xp SP2 that should have bluetooth installed, doesn't.  So I'm trying to find out if I have to take SP2 off and reinstall, or if there are features I can use just to install bluetooth portion.  I've downloaded setpoint 3 off the web just to the desktop until I figure out.  Oh these computer for an old geezerette is a nightmare!