Logi Nu
jadom

problems with mx 5000 keyboard/bluetooth combination

Hello every1:

It looks like I'm not only one having constant problem with my keyboard/bluetooth combination. Mice seems to work OK but keyboard.... grrrrhhhh.

Now, after 2 days and nights of almost non stop fight, my keyboard suprised me again and all of the sudden started working. In the meantime I've already bought traditional kboard to be "in business".

Do not ask me what I installed/uninstalled switched and unplugged. I've done almost everything (including wide web research and e-mailing Logitech Tech Support - no responce as always) to have this "great" (the original description was carefuly removed from this text by "censor's office". LOL) thing working again, howerever it still works not a way I would wish.

So now is a time to take full control over "disaster" and I'm asking you for help with proper settings.

I run 64bit Vista with up-to-date updates. All devices (Bluetooth, mice and kboard) are reset and properly comnnected. I've played with Bluetooth sticking it directly into computer USB port as well as into original Logitech port. In both cases it works.

Logitech Set Point software is uninstalled so it looks that all devices work on generic/MS drivers.

Now one more thing which can give some clue to us: from the first installation I had the following error message frequently displayed in my Event Viewer:

"The description for Event ID 2 from source LBTServ cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

(Get) Bluetooth Hub failed to switch to HCI mode

LogName: Application

Source: LBTServ                                                                             Logged: mm/dd//yy and time

Event ID: 2                                                                                       Task category: None

Level: Error                                                                                      Keywords: Classic

User: N/A                                                                                          Computer: xxxxx"

Also: when I go to Control Panel and then click on Bluetooth Devices icon, it opens dialog box but it is nothing there. If I click on "Add" button it says that "Windows cannot find any Bluetooth devices. Make sure that your Bluetooth adapter is attached to your computer and is turned on, and that your Bluetooth device is turned on."

So my Friends, I'm kindly asking you (see, how nice I am) for help. Please help me install this crazy thing correctly and let me be finally happy having 150 buck worth device working properly.

Regards

Jack

Logi Browser
melchiori

Re: problems with mx 5000 keyboard/bluetooth combination

I had the same problem, see: http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=bluetooth&thread.id=6458

Install the setpoint-software, go to Extras -> BT-Icon on the left -> "Bluetooth connection assistant" -> "connect other devices" on the bottom
Now the MX5500 will activate the BT-functions (I think, up to now the MX5500 was connected via 2.4GHz).

So please use first the search before you post a question.