Logi Browser
Tazmolly

Alright, i have searched and searched but still no fix for my MX5000 combo with Vista...

Now, first off let me start with this, I have had this set working on every other OS I have tried, EVEN other installations of vista, both 32 and 64 bit. For some reason all of a sudden it just doesnt want to work. I have recently installed a fresh copy of Vista 64 bit, and I cannot even get the bluetooth drivers to work this time...installing the setpoint, even the older versions with the Widcomm drivers does nothing. It all leads to the same outcome...when I plug in the dongle, with the extention or not, it says that the USB device is not recognized or has malfunctioned.

I have seriously tried everything I have come across for fixes on this issue...and still find it odd that all of a sudden it just doesnt want to work, and yes I have also tried it on another comp and the dongle works and everything.

Comments? Questions?

PC specs are Asus p5q Turbo, intel e7500 duo core, 2gb patriot ram...

Please help, Im going to go crazy here....

Logi Browser
Tazmolly

Re: Alright, i have searched and searched but still no fix for my MX5000 combo with Vista...

Well, had you read my whole post, youd know that I tried the dongle on another comp and it works...and yes, its the one that came with it

Logi Guru
Trusselo

Re: Alright, i have searched and searched but still no fix for my MX5000 combo with Vista...

[ Edited ]

the USB port you are using is it right ON the motherboard? or is it a PCI card expansion off of the motherboard? back or front? have you tried that port with anything else? USB 1.0, 1.1, or 2.0? maybe the USB controller has malfunctioned not the device.

why would you use an extension? wirless doesnt need line of sight.

and attitude because i missed 1 frigging scentance wont make freinds here and you wont get helped.

Message Edited by Trusselo on 07-19-2009 01:07 AM

My G13 Pofile Folder

Help me out. Get a Drop box account!
Logi Browser
Tazmolly

[ Edited ]

By extension I mean the cord that comes with the 5000 dongle...like the base for it so I dont have to reach around the comp to press the connect button, And Ive tried both the ones right on the mobo and also an expansion one and same deal with both.

Not trying to give attitude...but if the one thing you had to say was something I already covered, yea...Im going to point it out.

Edit : They are 2.0 USB, and ive tried uninstalling all the USB contollers and restarting to force Windows to reinstall. Still not being recognized. And yes, the USB ports all work with this crappy mouse Im using right now, and im using the back ports

Message Edited by Tazmolly on 07-18-2009 10:11 PM
Logi Browser
Tazmolly

Alright! Finally got it working...this was my fix, and worked perfectly...it seems that is wasnt connecting with bluetooth from the dongle unless I held the red connect button down on it when I connected it to my computer, (which I was under the impression did the exact opposite.

Anyways, from this link http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?p=77084#post77084 is where my next text is taken from..

If your using Windows XP or Vista and your device is flagged as having a problem in Device Manager, try this :

Tested on: Windows XP Professional and Windows Vista Ultimate.

First, connect the device to the computer via USB as usual. Now Windows will tell you installing the new hardware has failed and so on, not even Windows Update can resolve it. This is typical of Windows as it doesn’t have the required drivers for this particular Broadcom BCM2045A Device.

Now right-click on My Computer and hit Manage. From the window that pops out, click Device Manager on the left side-pane. You must see the ‘BCM2045A’ written in it under the section ‘Other Devices’. Right click that and hit Properties now. Go to the details tab and from the drop down menu that appears, select Hardware ID. You should see two lines that look like below:

USBVID_0A5C&PID_2045&REV_0112
USBVID_0A5C&PID_2045

Right click the second one (Without the REV* thing) and select Copy.

Now head to My Computer and under the Windows directory, enter the directory named INF (or inf) and locate the bth.inf file in it. Open the bth.inf file with your favorite text editor (I prefer the vanilla Notepad), and find the line called “Device Section Start” in it.

Now locate the name ‘Broadcom‘ and under it, you’ll see a device of BCM2033 or so with a different Hardware ID. Just replace the 2033 with a 2045A and the 2033 in the Hardware ID line (Something like “Transceiver= BthUsb, USBVID_0A5C&PID_2033“) with 2045 in place of 2033. Else, just erase the USB/VID line and paste the one you had earlier copied into the clipboard.
Save the file and quit.

Now replug the device and go to Device Manager again via My Computer - Manage. Find the BCM2045A again and right click and choose Update Driver. When Windows offers to search for drivers for the 2045A ask it to show you a list of known hardware to choose manually. Now look for Bluetooth Radio devices and under that look for Broadcom.

Under Broadcom, choose the one that has 2045A (i.e, the one we edited. It may still show up as 2033, but still, select it!) And hit next. The devices will now be found, installed and configured.

Kind of a PITA, but its working now none the less, so Im happy :smileyhappy: