Logi Nu
Yousie642

Application Switcher on multiple monitors

Hi. I have the MK300 Mouse/Keyboard set and I love the Application Switcher button on the keyboard. The only problem is if i'm using multiple monitors, it looks a bit screwed up. See screenshot: http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/665/99881686.png

I've outlined each monitor. The problem might just be because the left monitor is smaller than the right (it's a laptop). So, is there a way to make the application switcher only appear on one screen? Thanks.

Logi Nu
PerLarsson

Re: Application Switcher on multiple monitors

I have the exact same problem. It worked fine in Windows XP, but on Windows 7 it looks screwed up.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Logi Nu
Adam Choww

Same here.... I have two screens. The one on the right is the main one. The one on the left is usually off unless I need to work on two screen. I think the alignment is on the top left corner which caused the problem.......I think the application switcher is a good idea but the alignment thing make it totally useless to me.....it can be simply fix by showing all windows on the main screen or put it back to the old design which showed the windows on the screen that they are on.

Logi Browser
Fredbc

I use up to three screens with Windows XP and Maxivista but that's not what I want to know.  I keep hitting this button by accident.  I don't really understand what it is supposed to be doing.  It seems to shrink all the open windows so you can see them all at once.  It does not appear to switch from one to the other.  What are you supposed to do after you hit the button?

Fred
Logi Nu
Kyler

I have the same problem of the switcher not showing fully on multiple monitors of differen sizes.  Logitech customer service said, ". If the problem persists, please try contacting your computer manufacturer for advanced troubleshooting. I would like to let you jnow that setup is not supported by SetPoint software so it may or may not."  It sounds like they don't want to take the time to rewrite the software to be compatible with windows 7 multiple monitors.  That is the first time I've been disappointed with Logitech's customer service.  Fail!

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
kpeppard

Hello all;

If I understand correctly, by reading the original post and replies, it seems like you are having an issue on numerous monitors and adjusting the resolution. As stated, this is NOT a Logitech issue. To change the resolution size:

Start->Control Panel->Display->Change Display resolution

Therefore, this is not a Logitech issue but an issue with the Windows Operating System.

Regards,

Kevin

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.
Logi Nu
Ymetro

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have got a 2560x1600 primary display, with on the left, a secondary monitor with a 1680x1050 resolution.

It seems that the Application Switcher by Logitech adapts to the resolution info from the main (2560x1600) display and projects it from the top-left of the desktop on the smaller monitor and a part on the left of the bigger one.

It should be nice if there was an option in the software to select on which monitor you want to display the Application Switcher on. Instead of changing the resolutions of your monitor to non-native ones and having to look to a monitor you do not want to look at for switching applications.

So it is not a resolution issue at the Windows Operating System side, but a Logitech one, because the Logitech program decides where to project the Application Switcher interface. It should not matter how the screens are connected to your PC or which display is the primary or the secondary for your desktop to be displayed.

Maybe a idea for the developers: to make a option you can choose to what screen you want to snap the application switcher interface.

This is what I understand about this matter. Please enlighten me if I got it wrong. :smileywink:

Logi Nu
jkkn

Hi,

I have the same issue - have anyone reported this as a bug??

If you have a multi monitor setup with different screen sizes - the application switcher feature i useless.

The problem is that if you have multiple monitors, e.g. places like this:

+-------+

|       |+---+

|   2   || 1 |  (primiary monitor on the right)

|       ||   |

|       |+---+

+-------+

Pressing the application swither button it will place a overlay on the top of 2. monitor in left corner in the size of the 1. monitor. This confuses more than it is useful so I have had to disable the feature.

Please fix this Logitech.

The quick fix: add a feature to change the button to use Windows 7's Aero Switch feature instead (why is this not already possible)?

The best fix: detect which monitor the mouse is currently on and display the overlay on that monitor using the windows on that monitor only.

Best regards,

Kristian, Odense, Denmark

Logi Nu
rubenspm

Any solution?

Logi Nu
jkkn

Logitech has confirmed the issue and just calls it an unsupported setup.

They closed the issue I created so I don't expect them to fix this in any near future :-(

I will just disable the button until SetPoint will allow me to use it to something useful.

/K