Logi Nu
m3atball

Can I use the same USB Adapter / Receiver for Multiple Logitech Products?

I have the Cordless Wave Desktop (keyboard/mouse) set.  I'm about to buy a cordless headset from Logitech too.  I was wondering if anybody had tried using the same USB adapter/receiver for both products.  I'm just trying to reduce the cluster of USB cables and take the max advantage of the current wireless receiver location.  

Thanks!

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bphillips

Re: Can I use the same USB Adapter / Receiver for Multiple Logitech Products?

Hi m3atball,

No, unfortunately the receiver for the Cordless Wave will not work with one of our cordless headsets or vise versa. Our Unifying Technology, however, does allow up to six compatible wireless mice and keyboards to connect to the same receiver, if you'd like to check that out.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
bill_slayton

To bphillips:

Please tell me who in the world would need that many keyboards and mice connected to the same receiver?

I must admit that I was hoping my Logitech Wireless Headset H600 would work with the unifying receiver I bought at the same time (in the K520/mouse package). Still happy to be rid of the cables by using the two tiny receivers. Just don't understand why Logitech couldn't standardize and make all it's wireless products work on a single receiver. When products are sitting on the same shelf and possess the trusted name of Logitech, I would expect better standardization.

Still curious why multiple keyboards/mice are an advantage to anyone other than perhaps... an Octopus :smileyhappy:

Regards,

Bill

MichaelKenward
Topics: 17
Solutions: 254

bill_slayton wrote:
I must admit that I was hoping my Logitech Wireless Headset H600 would work with the unifying receiver I bought at the same time (in the K520/mouse package). Still happy to be rid of the cables by using the two tiny receivers. Just don't understand why Logitech couldn't standardize and make all it's wireless products work on a single receiver. When products are sitting on the same shelf and possess the trusted name of Logitech, I would expect better standardization.

After watching receivers change over the years, I have a box of them of various vintages, I have to agree with that sentiment.

Let's hope that the relatively new unifying technology is meant to do just that, standardise. I also have the H600 and was surprised to find that it comes with yet another type of receiver.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.