Logi Browser
Director

Can't connect mouse to new wireless dongle?

I have an MX1000 mouse which works fine with the reciever that came with it however I just bought a DiNovo keyboard which came with it's own wireless (not bluetooth) adapter.  I read that you can connect upp to six devices to the new dongle but it wont see the MX1000 mouse, what am I doing wrong?  (Yes I've tried pushing the button underneath the mouse. :smileywink: )

CHeers

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
SotiriosBAR

Re: Can't connect mouse to new wireless dongle?

This "6 devices connected" you read is the new technlogy from Logitech "Unifying".None of those 2 devices feature this technology so that means that you can not take advantage of it.The MX1000 and the Dinovo keyboard have different receivers.
Hope this helps!

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
Director

ah. Thanks. :smileywink:

Logi Nu
mrosenth

I am really disappointed that, in today's world where we can put men on the moon, that a "Unifying" receiver couldn't be created that would truly unify. I have a few MX1000 mice, and they apparantly cannot be used with the new keyboard I purchased (which came with the new receiver). You advertise "up to 6 devices", but fail to mention that you have to go and buy these 6 new devices (and they all have to be Logitech devices) because they need a certain logo on them. This reminds me of a Microsoft marketing tactic. And I found not one location, except for these forums, where the lack of backward compatibility is mentioned.

In this world of miniaturization, it could not be that difficult to have Bluetooth and Unifying functionality in one small receiver. It would have been smarter for you to have that functionality, and allow other vendor's products to connect on that receiver as well (though you could also not let your Unifying devices to connect to the other vendor's receivers at the same time). This would have given you a huge advantage and made marketing sense.

While I like your devices, I am severely disappointed and will not be replacing any other devices simply to connect to the Unifying receiver.