Logi Browser
Memor86

Caps and Number Lock Indicators Not Showing

I just bought a keyboard mouse bundle (MK320) and came with no software CD or anything.

went on the website and it says no software is needed, i know windows loads the drivers since im currently typing on my new keyboard but windows does not show any caps lock or num lock status indicator, and since there is no software available for my bundle, i googled around and found a software called set point, i downloaded the latest version, installed it for my x64 seven, rebooted, reinstalled the software but there is no OSD showing the caps lock status as it should, what should i do now? i dont like third party apps

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
MorganM

Re: Caps and Number Lock Indicators Not Showing

Please take a look at this link, I believe this may have what you're looking for.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/488/558

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
Memor86

not really what i wanted, i was looking for something like an on screen display as with other producs i've had. most multimedia keyboards that come with a software install one like this:

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9224/kw/caps%20lock

so far this combo **bleep** because there are no indicator leds on the receiver unit as on my previous logitech combos

MorganM

Those green indicators are software driven.  The MK320, as you already know, does not have any of those features.  The link that I had provided is an alternative.

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
Memor86

[ Edited ]

yes, thank you for that, but certanly i dont think that will work for me since i would have to set them to "always on top" and that would be annoyhing,  to have the gaget like that. do you know of any third party app that would act as an OSD for this?

or should i trow away my combo and get a microsoft?

MorganM

I am unaware of any other third party apps that may had OSD.  If you're unhappy with the product, you may contact Technical Support as they may be able to provide different options for you.

Logi Nu
klcox88

I downloaded the link and it creates the indicator on the desktop.  Work fine.  However, I can't see it when an application is open.  I can drag it to the toolbar, but it is not visible.  Any way to make it visible on the toolbar?

Logi Nu
klcox88

Oops;  My prior post was wrong.  I can set the on-screen indicator to always be on top.  Still can't drag it to the toolbar;  it's fine for a short time, then disappears behind the toolbar.  Any suggestions?

Logi Nu
Bud33

Those look like neet gadgits BUT only if you use Vista... I have XP!!!

Logi Nu
MacheteLtn

Hello, I have MK320 combo but it doesnt show OSD even if i installed set point software, also gadgets does not work, i cant see battery indicators. I have windows 7 OS