Logi Nu
NWLou

Cordless Internet Pro Y-RK56A Not Working

Hi, my keyboard stopped working(non-responsive to any input).  I Initially replaced the batteries and reconnected following the procedures detailed on the back of the keyboard.  However a few days later it started to act up again (not responding to keyboard input, key strokes repeating, cursor skipping around)  I have another identical keyboard that I used (using right now) and it is working fine.  Swapped with another desktop which has the same type of Keyboard and mouse and still the same result.  Any other trouble shooting tips?  Unfortunately I cannot find my receipt so I'm guessing that leaves in a pickle so far as warranty is concerned.  Interested in what ever help you can provide since I really like the product. 

I own a desktop with an AMD athlon 64 3700+ processor 2.21 Ghz, 2GB ram, running XP Pro SP3

Logi Nu
eagle99c

Re: Cordless Internet Pro Y-RK56A Not Working

I am in the same boat. Mine just quit today. It is so frustrating so I know how you feel. I just sent a email to logitech hopefully they can find a solution.

Logi Nu
masch

Me too.. my keyboard just quit today..

The mouse is still fine, intermittently..

Can anyone explain exactly what are the instructions beneath the keyboard?

First press the Connect button on the USB thing, then press the Mouse Green button.. (in how many secs?) 

How do we know the connection is confirmed?

Then there's something about 20 secs.. should it be done within 20 secs? Or after 20 secs? If after, then how long is the max time, an hour? 

So presumably within 20 secs press the Connect on the USB thing again, then press the Green undernearth the keyboard..

How do we know its confirmed? THere are no lights at all on the keyboard.

In fact, I dont know if the keyboard is on or not..

Both mouse and keyboard now are powered with new AA batteries.

Logi Nu
Stubb

Any updates? My keyboard just quit today as well. My mouse is still working. I've never had a problem connecting keyboard of mouse after I change the batteries before. Maybe the transmitter of the keyboard stopped working. I purchesed this keyboard and mouse combo thur the Dell deals.

Logi Nu
RakkerLeRoux

In November 2008 Logitech published the following article. Why they deem it necessary to make you register & then mail them a question before they share it with us I do not know. I believe this may be the answer to our problems.

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9247

Logi Nu
skittishtrigger

After researching further I have found a solution to this problem which should address a majority of issues on this Legacy device. There are TWO solutions to this issue BUT the solutions ONLY APPLY when the mouse and receiver are functioning correctly and logitech hid-compliant device appears in device manager (shows all parts of receiver are working).
Solutions fork near the bottom*
step 1: Turn keyboard over and remove batteries
step 2: Remove ALL screws from bottom of keyboard.
step 3: CAREFULLY remove top (section with keys on it) section from bottom section and set aside with keys facing down.
step 4: Carefully remove all screws from receiver/transponder circuit-board minding NOT to touch any part of board with a metal object. (recommended using a static strap to prevent damage)
step 5: After lifting up circuit-board and tipping it on its back Carefully peel back the right corner underneath where the circuit-board interfaces with the plastic keyboard circuit. DO NOT FOLD OR PINCH THIS PLASTIC. ROLL BACK IN A LARGE "LOOP" 
step 6a: Pull rubber piece free that was underneath clean and dry thoroughly and GENTLY replace, taking care not to press back in TOO firmly or your problem will persist.
step 6: Pull rubber piece free that was underneath clean and dry thoroughly. Trace rubber flat-side down on a piece of paper and procede to cut a piece of rubber NO MORE than 1/16" thick or less and glue to the top of the initial rubber piece flat side. ALLOW AMPLE TIME FOR GLUE TO DRY or YOU WILL cause irreparable damage to your keyboard. GENTLY replace, taking care not to press back in TOO firmly or your problem will persist.
step 7: Reverse order to reassemble and follow manufacturers specifications to reconnect your logitech keyboard.

Logi Nu
Starman202

Thanks for the detailed post but Do you really believe that someone is going to all the trouble for a keyboard instead of just bying another one other than Logitech.

Win 7 32 bit,
MichaelKenward
Topics: 16
Solutions: 238

Starman202 wrote:

Do you really believe that someone is going to all the trouble for a keyboard instead of just bying another one other than Logitech.

Yes, if it is a much cherished keyboard that the user cannot find a suitable replacement for.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.