Logi Nu
PhilippJB0

Fn Keys and Alt/Ctrl

Hi,

first of all I'd like to thank the Logitech guys for doing such great work - I'm very happy with my keyboard and mouse.

There is one thing with my K340 that bugs me though. Since the function keys like Play/Pause etc. are behind the F-keys F1-F12, I have to use the Fn key to access their functions. If I enable the "Swap F key functions" option in SetPoint, I have to press Alt-Fn-F4 to close a window instead of just Alt-F4. Since I rarely want to press Alt-Calculator or Alt-Play/Pause, I'm wondering if there is a way to have the Fn-key enabled by default, but disabled when pressing Alt or Ctrl.

Thanks in advance,

Philipp

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
j_briggs

Re: Fn Keys and Alt/Ctrl

Hi PhilippJB0,

You should be able to enable the "Swap F key functions" option in setpoint and still be able to use the Alt - F4 key combination without having to push the FN key.

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
PhilippJB0

Dear j_briggs,

Thank you for your reply. Sadly, what you write is not true for me. When I press Alt + F4 with "Swap F key functions" enabled, the calculator opens. Pressing Alt + Fn + F4 closes the window. I'm using SetPoint Control Center version 6.30.41 and Driver version 5.30.67 on Windows 7 with the Logitech K340 keyboard (British layout).

Kind regards,

Philipp

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
j_briggs

[ Edited ]

Hi PhilippJB0,

My apologies but upon further testing it does appear that this is not possible, however what you may consider doing is assigning one of the FN keys to a keystroke such as the media player key, make that keystroke ALT-F4  then pressing that particular button on it's own with the swap f key functions enabled will perform the same function as having pressed ALT-F4 as normal. 

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.