Logi Nu

G11 Logitech Keyboard: Assigning keys in game

[ Edited ]
A little outdated probably but I have to start somewhere.

Logitech G11 keyboard.

I can assign functions to the G keys, but is there any way I can assign G keys to functions?
For example.

In guild wars:

I can say that G1 = F = Target self

But I cannot say that G1 = Target self
Thing is I can say that F1 = Target Self.

The G keys do not expand my keyboard. They clone what is already there. That's what a macro is.
Guild Wars has a lot more functions than I have keys on the keyboard...

So is there any patch, any method out there that I can use to make the G keys independent (like the F1 through F12 keys) so that I can assign them -in game- instead of through macros? I'd rather not go through the trouble of returning this keyboard.

Message Edited by thatoneotherguy on 09-28-2007 09:19 AM

Message Edited by thatoneotherguy on 09-28-2007 09:22 AM
Logi Master II
SpecialK

Re: G11 Logitech Keyboard: Assigning keys in game

No, the game has absolutely no knowledge of a "G Key". A Windows game is usually based on DirectX, which has standardized mouse/keyboard/joystick/gamepad support. A "G Key" is not standard (which is why you need the G11 profiler software), so there's no way a game can know about it.

A key feature of the G11 is the ability to create complex macros. If you're just going to treat the G keys like a normal keyboard key, then maybe the G11 isn't for you.
Logi Legend
rlowens

You can map the G Keys to F13-F24 via the method posted here:
http://www.g15forums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3563

Basically, create AutoHotkey macros that send F13 to F24, compile them as .exe's, then set the G Keys to Run Program and point them at the .exe's

If your game can react to F13-F24, that will give you 12 more buttons.

You can also just use stuff like Ctrl+Alt+F, etc.

-Richard L. Owens, author of the uberOptions mod for SetPoint. Unlock the options of your SetPoint-controlled device! mirror
Logi Nu

Thank you both, I'll see what I can do with what you've given me. I appreciate it!