Logi Nu
Multianna

G15 lights wont turn on/off

[ Edited ]
Hey there.
Im a almost happy user of a G15 keyboard. I seem to have a random problem with the lights on it.
When i press the key to either turn the lights from off/low/high the key doesnt work.
It seems random. Just all of a sudden, it just stopped working. This is the second time it happens.
The first time it happend, it just got working just after a few hours. So it didnt brother me.
But now, i just cant seem to get it to work.

Using v1.03
Winxp

So has the keyboard some sort of bios that needs to be updated?

Cheers :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by Multianna on 02-26-200706:57 AM

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mal

Re: G15 lights wont turn on/off

Welcome to the Logitech Online User Discussion Forum Multianna  :smileyhappy:

Just curious and would like to check, does this problem occur when you use the USB cable on all the other USB ports onj your system? Waiting to hear from you soon and thanks!
Logi Nu
Multianna

[ Edited ]
yes, i got 4 usb ports on the machine. And it happens on all of them

Message Edited by Multianna on 02-27-200712:24 AM

edit:

i dont know if this helps or anything, but when it startet working after the first time, it also changed programs on my LCD every time i pushed the key

Message Edited by Multianna on 02-27-200705:54 AM

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Mal

Multianna, thank for the updates on this case and please test the keyboard on another computer system. If it still does not work, I suggest that you contact our customer support via phone or E-mail Support for more information on the replacement procedures

Our support representative will be glad to assist you and let me know if you experience any problem as I would be glad to assist you further. Thanks!

Logi Nu
Multianna

I havent tryed it out on another computer yet. And dunno when it will be possible :smileysad:

But i found a mod for winamp called Ray's Winamp Plugin. And it makes the keyboard turn on and off, while it plays the music.
This is how i atm can turn the lights on and off, but its not a solution

So this makes be believe, that its a registry problem where its missing a key assigning or something like that, there. Since it happend almost at the same time i had the CPU monitor problem where it showed 0, found a solution to it here by searching. And it was a registry problem.

Can this be the same problem?

And thx for the help so far :smileyhappy: