Logi Nu
Vanguardian

G15 "Toggle" Mode

[ Edited ]
Is it possible to "end" a script immediatly, via another button?

e.g.
G1 key is a long-running recorded script.
G2 key's script turns G1's script off, and does something different.
G3 key's script turns G1 and G2's scripts off, and does something different again.

Another option (not mutually exclusive) is to be able to add a tick-box option for "Toggle" mode, which would end immediately on a toggle-off keypress.

The normal behavior seems to only stop running at the END of the current script, which doesn't work for long-running scripts. If a toggle macro is recorded to type this email, for example, no matter how early it's toggled off it will still type the entire email. This may not be desired.

Message Edited by Vanguardian on 03-28-200712:23 PM

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Ed

Re: G15 "Toggle" Mode

At this time I am not aware of a way to stop a Macro until it is completed. I will pass your suggestion along to our development team.

Logi Master II
SpecialK

The only way is to switch to another M key. For eg, if the macro is playing on M1, switching to M2 will abort the macro.
Logi Nu
gbe300

I was wondering if this suggestion has been taken yet?

I also would love to see a Toggle command built into the G-Keys. Would be nice to have something to Do "macro X" on a toggle mode. One push to start one push to end after the next cycle completes.

To give an idea of what I am trying to do. One game I play allows macros in game and when I kite I have a button that casts an instant attack and fires an arrow. Now for kitting I have to be moving and running and I would like to be able to spam this button or hit it at an interval without having to click my mouse over the hotkey icon a few hundred times a kite.

Thanks for the information and feedback. Would really be nice if the developers could make this happen.
Logi Master II
SpecialK

Once you've assigned a macro to a G key, there's a "Repeat options" menu available. Select the "Toggle" option. This will start spamming the macro on the first G key press. Any subsequent G key press will stop spamming. There's no delay option on the toggle, so add a delay at the end of your macro.