Logi Nu
Dodger12
Accepted Solution

How to reattach keys on Illuminated keyboard?

Two of the keys came off my 5 month old illuminated keyboard yesterday and I don't have a clue as to how to reattach them.

FYI, I have the hinges etc.

Logi Nu
Dodger12

Re: How to reattach keys on Illuminated keyboard?

Figured it out on my own. 
Logi Nu
ranchoperro

i have the same problem. how did you do it?

Logi Nu
joswatson

I have the same issue - how was it done??

Logi Nu
psimmon2

Ok, You figured out how to reattach the key. Please share your solution with this forum. Thanks.

Logi Nu
Engineerly

I managed to get it back on .. the picture upload system here does not work so I'll jsut describe what I did.

Make sure the little white hinge is attached to the keyboard and looks symetrical.  There is a little center pivot between the halves of the X hinge that can get derailed. 

The left and right bottom bars of the hinge fit under the little metal tabs. If it came off, you have to slide one side on then shift the whole thing all the way in to get the other side over its tab.  After bot side are under the metal tabs, make the hinge stand up like an X.

Orient the key cap vertically off to the left side.  Slide the top left clip onto it's corresponding shaft and then and using a tiny flat screwdriver, press the bottom left clip onto its shaft and it will make a little click.  (The "shaft" I'm talking about is only 1/8" long  or less and there is one for each clip on the key cap) 

The key cap is now standing up vertically on the left, attached by tow clips and can pivot down flat.  So pivot it down flat and depress it all the way.  Make sure it looks straight and then press a bit harder to make the right side tabs click into their 1/8" shafts.  You may have to wiggle it slowly left and right to get things to line up.  But I did it this way. 

If you want me to mail you pictures, e-mail me at ron at strilaeff dot net  Good luck.